Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Just turned over 100K in my 2000S...
dghii - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 5:41:06 pm
...and the drivers side inner door handle spring broke! What timing!

Along with a new battery yesterday, I picked up new tires (Hankook's for $325 incl. tax delivered) which I'll have mounted and balanced this weekend.

Ready for the next 100K!

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! smileys with beer
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 6:20:10 pm
dghii
...and the drivers side inner door handle spring broke!

Ready for the next 100K!

I think your Boxster is just trying to tell you, "Don't get out. Let's go for another drive." smiling bouncing smiley
Thanks!
dghii - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 10:11:55 pm
I've been fortunate to own some very fun sports cars over the years and I've enjoyed the Boxster more than any of them. It is an easy car to putt around town in but displays a whole other side when called upon. Hopefully, it will continue to be a reliable fun car for the foreseeable future.

The door handle doesn't bother me at all as long as I check to make sure the interior lights go out! I'll get an opportunity to repair it this weekend.

dghii
Re: Thanks!
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 11:24:56 pm
I have to agree with you 100%. The Boxster is just such a blast to drive, but you can use it as a grocery / stuff hauler too. When I compare it to other roadsters, there isn't one that comes close to the Boxster in its versatility. For a roadster, it's got lots of trunk space which makes it a great road trip car. Then while you're on the road trip, you can have a blast enjoying the twisties to the tune of the Symphony in Flat Six. smiling smiley Apparently, we aren't the only ones that think so.

This is the 12th year it's been on C&D's 10 Best Car list.

[www.caranddriver.com]

Here's to the next 100,000 miles. smileys with beer
Re: Just turned over 100K in my 2000S...
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 11:11:01 pm
Welcome to the club! smileys with beer Yes, Virginia, these cars are reliable!thumbs up 108k and counting.
Congratulations!
Tony in Whittier - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 11:32:24 pm
I am not quite there yet, but getting close. 92,500 miles. What a fantastic car! I hope to never let go of mine.
Re: Now have 111K
Joseph in NJ - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 3:59:21 am
I now have over 111K on my 01 Base. Have used it as my daily driver year round in NJ for the past few years. Still have original water pump, and AOS.
Here's to the next 100K! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 9:56:36 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Dale_K - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 10:17:09 am
I bought a 2000 S Tip almost exactly a year ago and it already had 100k on it when I got it. I'm up to 110k miles on it now. Besides wear & tear stuff like tires, my car has needed the following.

New oil fill tube - $339 w/labor
New MAF - $280, no labor, diy
New alternator - $253, diy
New coolant tank - $500 w/labor
New Tip coolant control valve - $100 w/labor
New brake booster pipe - $100 w/labor

The car is running great right now and I haven't had a CEL in months but I have a cold start rattle that might be the cam chain tensioners. I guess that will be a few hundred bucks at the indy shop I use in Little Rock.
John99Boxster - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 2:51:06 pm
dghii
...and the drivers side inner door handle spring broke! What timing!

Along with a new battery yesterday, I picked up new tires (Hankook's for $325 incl. tax delivered) which I'll have mounted and balanced this weekend.

Ready for the next 100K!

$325 for 4 Hanooks?? Where did you get them from?
dghii - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 4:05:33 pm
Tires were from Discouttires online site. I got lucky as the tires had an $80 rebate for a set of four that expired the end of November. I went online the Monday after Thanksgiving (29th) and the site also had after Black Friday special knocking off an additional $50 off the set.

Bottom line $405 delivered and I'm waiting (8 weeks) for the $80 gift card.

dghii
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login