Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Not your typical commuter car - GT3RS
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 8 December, 2011, at 11:08:02 pm
I've seen this highly modded monster around town a few times. It's a beautiful Aqua Blue Metallic GT3RS driving next to me in stop & go traffic tonight. Nothing like the sound (and performance) of a race car commuting beside you. Sorry for the crappy cell pic. smiling smiley

Re: Not your typical commuter car - GT3RS
db997S - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 9:02:09 am
If you're afraid to drive it, you shouldn't have brought it, I say. Porsche has always touted that their cars can be driven to the track. The only possible problem with the GT3 is how low they are. Can get nose scrapes if not cafeful. Think they impoved that on newest model. Thought I read there's a way to raise it a half an inch or something like that. I like living in DC cuz you can run into lots of different cars. My 997 is Aqua Blue, great color, but, then again, I'm bias.
Re: Not your typical commuter car - GT3RS
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 12:48:45 pm
I was commenting on the relative rarity of the car, not the daily drivabilty, you can bet I'd drive it everyday... and twice on Sunday if I owned it! I have seen and heard it a few times around town, so the guy does drive it.

I have to agree with your bias, I'm a fan of my current Ocean Blue, my next Boxster will be Aqua. smiling smiley
It's not a bad shot at all.
Laz - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 11:11:09 am
The lighting is dramatic, the teardrop-like shape of your fender picks up on the GT's form, and the upward sweep of the overhead lines along with the strong, repeating diagonals throughout add a sense of optimistic motion.
Re: It's not a bad shot at all.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 12:50:48 pm
Thanks Laz, the iPhone 3G isn't the best camera, but it beats some crayons and pad of paper. winking smiley
It's the eye, brain, and soul behind the camera that counts.
Laz - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 1:06:18 pm
And consider this "cartoon" by Raphael -- just some scribbling with crayons:

[web.tiscali.it]
I'll bet none of those were done while driving on the freeway. winking smiley
Or an autostrada! *NM*
Laz - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 1:23:32 pm
Re: It's not a bad shot at all.
John99Boxster - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 2:47:17 pm
Laz
The lighting is dramatic, the teardrop-like shape of your fender picks up on the GT's form, and the upward sweep of the overhead lines along with the strong, repeating diagonals throughout add a sense of optimistic motion.

what?
I like it because it's a good picture. *NM*
Laz - Friday, 9 December, 2011, at 4:31:34 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login