Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Rapid fire film cuts, cars screeching and zooming across the screen left and right. Shaky camera interviews. Shots of the bottoms of somebody's feet walking down a stairway. I feel like I'm a subject in a Psych 101 clinical test for concentration under duress. What the hell is the announcer saying? Ok, it's coming off its high... for now.
----- Whew, it's over. A real Bizarro World Bauhaus triumph of dysfunctional form over substance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 12:34AM by Laz. (view changes)
And now the rest of the story....
Davzin - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 4:26:05 pm
It seems that the 'other half' of the story was left on the cutting room floor? Didn't Porsche acquire a substantial debt as they tried to pull off this 'tail wags dog' scenario? And wasn't this the main reason that the good doctor (WW) was shown the door, albeit with a fine parting gift of $85M? The purchase of Porsche (takeover) by VW...has that been completed yet? And where did the 'billions & billions' go? In a weird bizzaro world the $$$$ went to fix everyone's M96/97 engines of any present or future IMS issues....
That ending is out of date/incomplete. What genius at CNBC put the green light on airing this? By the way, I recently emailed them stating Apple TV is already here: it's called CNBC TV. No matter how big Apple is and what it means to the world of tomorrow, they spend an inordinate amount of time yammering about it to the detriment of the zillion other significant things going on in the financial world. It's their version of the sensational, endless reporting an entertainment channel does on one subject.
The show was somewhat informative, but it was largely overwhelmed by sound effects and spastic camera work.
For those who did not see it
AreaOne - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 8:18:35 pm
Thanks for posting the link. smileys with beer *NM*
Roger987 - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 10:38:14 pm
Re: Tonight on CNBC "Fast Bucks: How Porsche Made Billions"
San Rensho - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 10:32:28 pm
Oh, I feel so sorry for those poor, poor hegde fund managers. Lets see, how do they make their money? On other peoples misfortune, other peoples failure. Hedge funds bet that a companies stock will fall, the bigger the failure, the more they make. They bet wrong in this case and now they cry like little babies. Good for Porsche for beating the scumbags at their own game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login