Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
right side running lights out..
scott in socal - Sunday, 11 December, 2011, at 10:45:14 pm
By running lights, I mean the lights that are supposed to come on when you click the headlight switch one to the right. So the lights that are out are one in the front headlight assembly, the front side marker, and what looks like a couple of bulbs in the rear taillight assembly. I replaced the bulbs in the rear assembly to no affect, then noticed the front lights were out too. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

Thanks!!
Re: right side running lights out..
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 11 December, 2011, at 11:57:20 pm
scott in socal
By running lights, I mean the lights that are supposed to come on when you click the headlight switch one to the right. So the lights that are out are one in the front headlight assembly, the front side marker, and what looks like a couple of bulbs in the rear taillight assembly. I replaced the bulbs in the rear assembly to no affect, then noticed the front lights were out too. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure, but it could be a fuse. I'd check there first and see if one is burned out.

There should also be a little pamphlet on the inside of the fusebox cover that tells you which fuse protects what for your model year Boxster.
scott in socal - Friday, 23 December, 2011, at 5:09:00 pm
Just to follow up. I finally had some time to check this out and it was indeed a fuse. A-3 to be exact.

Thanks Guenter!!
light bulb socket is in good shape. I had a light problem and the tech found not only the bulb bad but the socket/connector was a bit corroded and the new bulb not making good contact. He cleaned up the contact and made sure the assembly was installed properly and all has been well ever since.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
whall - Monday, 12 December, 2011, at 12:47:09 pm
It could be the light switch.

Also, on the right side tail light assembly there is a fog light socket which is - by design - not wired up to power. The socket in question is located on the lower tier of lights/sockets between the side marker light and the tail light. (See page 226 in a MY03 Owner's Manual or someplace similarly located in your Owner's Manual.)

Bill
crumbum - Thursday, 15 December, 2011, at 9:32:28 pm
I just got done fixing EXACTLY the same problem as described here. My advice would be to check every component in the circuit.

The problem in my case proved to be the LED bulb in the headlight assembly which was shorting out against the housing. It kept blowing the fuse.

Once I replaced the bulb, everything worked fine.
Front Ambers on a '99?
bar10dah - Saturday, 24 December, 2011, at 6:01:41 pm
I never noticed the front ambers being on or not on my '99 so after reading your post I went out and looked at my car. They weren't lit up with the headlight switch one click to the right but they do flash with the turn signals. So I thought mine were burned out, at least the parking light part of it. But when I took the headlight out and pulled out the front amber light bulb, I noticed it was a single filament. And only two wires go to the bulb, so it's not like a previous owner put the wrong bulb in it. So, the '99s don't light-up up front, and the newer years do?

Here's the bulb, and as you can see, single filament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2011 06:16PM by bar10dah. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login