Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New Boxster Pics and Article
Todd in PA - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 7:36:32 am
Auto Express
Wow! Sure are lots of changes......
So much for evolution over revolution
db997S - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 8:44:23 am
Don't like the spoiler. Looks too flying saucerish and breaks up the clean lines of the rear and the roll bars look like they raided BMW's Z4 parts bin. But, if the underskin improvements are anything close to how Porsche improved the 911, that could mean only good things for driving. Hard to imagine improving the driveability of the Boxster.
I think...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 10:22:29 am
... I like it.
Would like to see it in person.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I like it a lot
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 8:00:29 pm
Want to see it in person - but it reminds me of the Carrera GT. I assume the interior will be much like the the new 991 - I hope they have the 5 binnacle instrument panel.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Re: New Boxster Pics and Article
jwdbox - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 11:12:37 am
Interesting. Don't understand why there is a horizontal body seam that goes above the engine intake to the rear wheel well. Perhaps these are still disguised body panels. cool smiley
I'd like to see it "in the metal" first
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 11:20:17 am
There are a few "glitches" in the article.

It's rear engined? confused smiley

They make it sound like 18" wheels on the S are something new. They've been standard since '05 on the 987S.

Some of the later articles I've read (this one dates back over 2 months), suggest that the flat 4 turbo isn't ready for production yet and will likely appear either in a base Boxster at the first face-lift or maybe in a new entry level car.

Can't wait to see one, though. I just think the introduction is delayed partially because Boxster assembly is being moved to the new (former) Karmann plant in Germany, which was bought by VW. So probably lots to get ready there before they start building cars there.
These wheels are "HUGE 18-inch alloys", however winking smiley
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 11:41:00 am
huge 18-inch alloy wheels
Thanks for clarifying that Gary
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 5:35:21 pm
I just have the 18 inch on mine. Guess I should have got the HUGE 18's instead. grinning smiley
I have the Gimungus 19" wheels on mine! *NM*
nmanitou (Doug in MI) - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 6:55:29 pm
Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
Re: Thanks for clarifying that Gary
Leor ('09S, North of Boston) - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 7:15:14 pm
I have the "puny 19s" on mine, lol (nmanitou, you beat me in posting the idea, but I wrote this an hour ago and then went off to eat dinner, lol...)

I have to say, I'm OK with the looks... for the single reason that I will appreciate my '09's styling all the more in comparison when these puppies begin to hit the road.

I get the feeling that the changes are for change's sake alone: so those who shell out for the new model can easily be identified as those who have done so. Personally, I've actually been somewhat self-conscious about the fact I drive a "late model Porsche", as wanting that underscored was never the reason I bought mine. So it will be with some considerable relief that the new models appear, and an extra bonus that I'll like the way mine looks a lot more than the new ones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2011 07:16PM by Leor ('09S, North of Boston). (view changes)
TedP - Tuesday, 13 December, 2011, at 10:45:54 pm
I'm going to need to see that in person before I pass judgment.

Ted
silverbox03 - Wednesday, 14 December, 2011, at 6:20:03 pm
I like it. Everything seems like a step forward. Sounds like the '4' will be a performer. Less weight, less emissions, better MPG's. Reviews of the new Z4 w/4cyl power have been favorable.

Generally speaking, the newest German styling direction(most makes)is toward more flash or bling; and I am not sure if I like that. An extreme example is the 1M, and to a lesser extent, the new '3' series, as well. It looks like the new Boxster is following that trend.

Also, I don't like how every new generation of all the great cars that I love have to be bigger than the last, even if they are holding down the weight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login