Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I bought a 2012 Boxster in September. I went back to the dealer because, although I could load contacts to the CDR-30 using Bluetooth from my Android smart phone, I could not call them as the CDR-30 manual described I should be able to. When you selected the contact and hit "dial" it just went back to the main menu. My sales rep tried to help and we even tested this on a Cayman they had on the lot where it also failed. He then contacted Porsche NA and the response from Porsche NA was "that is the way it is". I could not believe the response, why allow loading contacts if you can't then call them. How stupid is that?

I have now found a solution without any help from Porsche so the Porsche NA response indicates that they were not all that concerned about a customer compliant and did not take the time to research the issue. I documented the solution in an email to my sales rep who said he will forward to their Porsche NA rep. Shame on Porsche Customer Service. I had tried to use the email 'Customer Service' form on their USA web site but after spending 15 minutes typing it in I got an error page in German and my 15 minutes effort was lost. Now the link to Customer Service mail form has been removed, or at least I can no longer find it.

I found the solution on a post here Planet 9. The problem is that when you load contacts using the instructions in the CDR-30 manual the phone numbers have hyphens or other special characters included and the CDR-30 doesn't like that so you have to remove those characters.

So that you don't have to plow through the entire Planet 9 thread to find the solution here are the instructions I used and they worked great.

Posted by 2goodnot2

Ok, I just tested this process to make sure. I created two test contacts and this works:

To load android multiple contacts ....

1. In android contacts, export to vcf file.

2. Plug the phone into your pc. Edit the VCF file on your pc in a text editor, notepad will do. Search and replace all hyphens. See my example test files, before and after :

Original VCF file on phone....

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:AAATest;Bob;;;
FN:AAATest Bob
TEL;HOME;VOICE:016-163-21919
ADR;HOME:;;872 Bumface Lane;Manchester;;M1 1GS;UK
END:VCARD
N:AAATest2;Billy;;;
FN:AAATest2 Billy
TEL;HOME;VOICE:016-193-91969
TEL;CELL:078-095-13939
ADR;HOME:;;2 Long Road;Bramhall;Cheshire;SK1 3R;United Kingdom

Edited VCF File on Phone ...

N:AAATest;Bob;;;
FN:AAATest Bob
TEL;HOME;VOICE:01616321919
N:AAATest2;Billy;;;
FN:AAATest2 Billy
TEL;HOME;VOICE:01619391969
TEL;CELL:07809513939

3. To load the contacts into the CDR30, disconnect the phone from the pc and out to the car.
Follow the CDR30 user manual, connect the phone to the CDR with bluetooth and go to set .. contacts import.

The CDR30 will wait to receive your contacts.

You don't need a speciialist bluetoth app,a good file manager should be able to export files to bluetooth devices.

4. I use es file explorer as my android file explorer app. Simply use your file manager to navigate to the sd card on the phone, or wherever you saved the edited vcf file. Select and hold down the vcf-file in es-explorer. A sub menu appears, and one of the options is send.

5. Select Send.

6. Select 'send via bluetooth'

7. Select 'CDR30' from the devices list.

.... And you should see the CDR 30 importing ALL of your contacts.

I guarantee this works, and it takes about 2 minutes to transfer a full set of contacts to the CDR30.

To test the process you can copy and paste my example edited file above into a text file on your phone, go out to the car and import it to your CDR30, and the two test contacts should be available.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Thanks for posting this. It worked for me. This has frustrated me since I got my '09.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login