Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Roll Bar Refurb?
EZ AIRE - Sunday, 18 December, 2011, at 1:05:49 am
My Roll Bar is starting to have paint flake off of the center section and I'm trying to get a handle on refurbing it. I have chased the Worth Paint down at Pelican to do the touch ups. And I am fairly familiar with what will be required by way of prep work. However, I am have not be able to find out how the padding is attached. If I remember correctly its snapped in somehow. If that is the case, do the inserts that stay in the Roll Bar itself need to be replace ( can they be replaced) to ensure a correct fit upon reassembly? and does any one out there have the part number for them. At $962 for replacements for the padding, I am planning on having them recovered in Leather to match the seats that were reworked last year. I just dont want to have loose pads being slung all over I-10. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Roll Bar Refurb?
Bobtesa - Sunday, 18 December, 2011, at 10:54:12 am
EZ, This from long ago memory, but this is what I remember. It may depend on the year of the car. I used to take the pads off of my first Boxster, 1999, in order to install a Brey/Krause roll bar extension for DE. I very carefully used a screwdriver covered with cloth to gently nudge the pads from the rollbars. The plastic attacher (or whatever it is called), came out of the rollbar undamaged and reusable. I now have a 2008, but I no longer do DE, so have not tried to remove the padding. I have no idea if the attachment mechanism is the same or if it changed in any year. Bottom line, back then it was pretty simple with care to remove and reattach the padding reusing the plastic fasteners.
Re: Roll Bar Refurb?
EZ AIRE - Monday, 19 December, 2011, at 10:45:31 pm
Thanks. That is exactly the information I was looking for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login