Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Gave up my boxster, now it's a different world
stl986 - Friday, 25 January, 2013, at 4:43:32 pm
Up until of last Spring, I owned an '02 986 and frequented this forum--not a very active poster, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading what others had to say and appreciated the help for any questions I had. Well, a hailstorm totalled my car and now my ride is a VW Golf R. In case you don't appreciate this board and the helpfulness of the people here, you should take a look around vwvortex forum's R board. Thanks for the great experience.
Yep
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Friday, 25 January, 2013, at 5:19:35 pm
Prius world now. 2 forums I've found. One dead. One active but the level of knowledge very different. Appreciate what you have folks, 6 active forums with technically savy participation. Thanks Pedro.
How do you like the Golf? *NM*
JackintheBoxster - Friday, 25 January, 2013, at 5:46:05 pm
Re: How do you like the Golf?
stl986 - Friday, 25 January, 2013, at 9:02:59 pm
I like it. First--my Boxster was base as base could be. So I'm loving things like heated seats, xenon lights that turn when you corner, and a stereo with bluetooth and ipod integration. Also, I bought the boxster in mid-life crisis mode. I have three kids and was starting to hate having to come home and switch cars for unplanned carpool changes. Now I can take the whole family, two sets of golf clubs changes of clothes and tennis rackets around if I need to. Driving-wise, it's a blast, but very different from the boxster. I'm pretty sure the Golf is quicker, but there's quite a bit of turbo lag so the quickness is either on or off. As a completely untrained driver who gets all of his education reading on the internet, I feel more secure because of the traction control and, to a lesser extent, the AWD. Besides the boxster, my previous driving experience has been in front drive cars. In the boxster, my first experience accelerating too hard out of a corner was eye-opening. In the golf, coming out of a corner feels much more solid. And, of course, I really miss the boxster when it's warm and sunny and traffic is light. One of these days, my kids will be grown, and I'll pick up a gently used '13 and hopefully this board will still be around!
Unfortunate, but it also demonstrates how transcendent this one is.
Stoonad! Good stuff, spoken like a true yankee.
DFW02S - Sunday, 27 January, 2013, at 9:54:33 pm
You just never hear that kind of East Coast talk down here in Texas.
Bullitt guys run a pretty good board too!
dennisafrompa - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 7:44:02 am
...BUT other Mustang boards suffer greatly. I guess Bullitt owners are an older demographic.

Gotta say this one is still the benchmark!
Re: Stoonad! Good stuff, spoken like a true yankee.
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 8:21:36 am
That's Italian talk, not damn yankee slang...Laz is both, I suspect smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I am a "yankee," damned or not, but not Italian by birth or passport. My last name is as American as Smith or Jones. "Stoonad," while of Italian-American origin is used by many New Yorkers, no matter their ancestry. By the way, I tawk with the accent of the greatest city on earth in the history of mankind.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
And a play:
Laz - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 11:51:33 am
Before my time, but I like the outfit cool smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 1:15:17 pm
Re: Before my time, but I like the outfit cool smiley
Clarkaddison - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 4:43:19 pm
When I traded my 06 Boxster in on a 1995 993, I jumped over to the 993 forum on Rennlist. Great group of knowledgable people sharing ideas. I still check Pedro's Board once in while, though.
I probably should have said Northeast, anyone coming from Philly to Boston would recognize the ethnicity.
Re: now it's a different world BUT DIDN'T GAVE UP MY BOXSTER
Frissen - Thursday, 31 January, 2013, at 2:45:29 pm

new company car and Boxster for FUN! smiling smiley

Premium fuel only *NM*
Boxsterra - Friday, 1 February, 2013, at 8:16:47 pm
What they are, or what they require? *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 2 February, 2013, at 9:12:23 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login