Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
spherical cow
Steve (Morro Bay) - Saturday, 23 February, 2013, at 11:39:23 pm
I've been having a lot of fun this week playing around with the new sphere-cam feature on the most recent android. Here are a couple examples with my red cayman in them. I finally have a good excuse for including the car in my photos -- in order to shot the full sphere, there's pretty much no other option unless I want to move the car midway through the task.

If I remember right, the first below is a full sphere, and the second one is a partial sphere of the same location. I have a couple waiting for approval as contributions to google streetview, but these flattened ones are kinda cool too. As a side note, it's pretty awesome being able to contribute to streetview. I'll post links to those if they get through the moderators.

[farm9.staticflickr.com]

[farm9.staticflickr.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 11:46PM by Steve (Iowa). (view changes)
links to the streetview versions
Steve (Morro Bay) - Tuesday, 26 February, 2013, at 6:30:06 pm
There aren't any options for alternative projections. Any choice will have flaws of its own, but it would be fun to experiment. Maybe that will be added in the future, or maybe you could edit the OS by hand smiling smiley

They finally appeared on street view. Guards red sure looks nice against the snow, if you ask me. Here they are:

[goo.gl]
[goo.gl]
[goo.gl]
[goo.gl]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login