Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Lighted vanity mirrors
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 2:11:35 am
I've been test driving quite a few of the new Boxsters and checking different options. Some of lights in the vanity mirrors and some do not. 1 dealer told me it was standard. I informed him it was not and my prior Boxster did not have it. Today I was informed that it is not an option and can't get. ..... 1 dealer I went to asked me if I want them.

How can I find out if in fact lighted vanity mirrors are an option?
Re: Lighted vanity mirrors
Laz - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 9:31:55 am
Official literature dated from January 2012 shows lighted vanity mirrors as standard on both base and S. My car doesn't have them. (May 2012 build.) I don't see them at all on the configurator, incomplete as it is. Supposedly the factory can do just about anything for a price. Rattan seats, anyone?
Rain sensing wipers are supposedly standard, (which I'd rather not have,) but near as I can tell they're conventional intermittent types: It doesn't rain in my garage.
Even considering the "complication" of different world markets, it still wouldn't take much for the manufacturer and the marketing people to get better coordinated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 09:32AM by Laz. (view changes)
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 10:10:27 am
They were part of the "light design package". I don't believe that is an option anymore. Could be that it is now standard.
Light design package
Laz - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 10:39:14 am
Yes, that was the option that came and went... maybe. The best bet is to have the dealer confirm what's available, preferably with the factory's internal network rather than outdated hard copy.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 10:13:29 am
Just checked the configurator. On the US site, it just shows vanity mirrors in both sun visors.

On the Canadian site, it show Illuminated vanity mirrors in both sun visors.

I can't find anywhere on either site where it's an option.

Maybe call Porsche at 1-800-PORSCHE (1-800-767-7243)
Compensation for the mostly higher latitudes? *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 11:56:53 am
...or for the higher prices. *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 1:07:22 pm
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
[www.porschebeachwood.com]

Go down to the interior tab and it clearly states illuminated visors are included with the car:
"Illuminated visor vanity mirrors"
That's my problem
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 1:46:17 pm
There are cars built with the lighted vanity mirrors, but the dealer can't seem to order it.
Mike might have suggested the answer
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 1:53:28 pm
Since the light design package is no longer on the option list, maybe part of the price hike includes the illuminated vanity mirrors as standard equipment. It might be worth a call to Porsche to check for sure if the dealer doesn't have the answer.
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
PCNA
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 1:49:41 pm
Thanks for the heads up to call PCNA .... I called. Very helpful, but she couldn't seem to figure it out either. She said she'd call me back and she did. She found it in a list of options, but they are no longer available. Said it should be available. Then proceeded to tell me to speak with a sales manager at the dealership and not the sales rep. She gave me the names of the managers. I've called them and had to leave messages.

Why is this so difficult? I'm not a shopper, I like to just tell them this is what I want and get it. If it's not available, then tell me and I'll be ok. I'm going to get the car with or without the vanity mirrors, but if I have a choice, that's what I'd prefer.
I can't see how it takes any more effort to get these things right than to get them wrong; if anything it takes more effort to screw up and be ambiguous. Companies seem to be perpetually surprised by customers asking the obvious, inevitable questions. Maybe if the marketing people would let the engineers look at the literature, even if only in terms of logical presentation.
Strange, mine doesn't have them either..
MikenOH - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 4:19:30 pm
but the manual mentions them as if they were standard.
I guess the guys on the assembly line didn't get the memo..confused smiley
No scarier than usual
MikenOH - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 8:19:55 pm

Can't seem to do much with my hair these days..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 08:22PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 10:22:21 pm
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
Just spoke with the sales manager at McKenna
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 12 March, 2013, at 5:40:02 pm
After I spoke with PCNA, I left messages for different sales managers. I just spoke with the McKenna sales manager. Told him I was in there a few weeks ago and the sales person wasn't helpful. I knew more about the car than he did. The sales manager, went through all the options with me. Then he looked at all the different packages. He found it in the premium package, which is what I was planning to order. It's not in the convenience package. For some reason the sales manager has a more detail list of what is actually included in each of the packages. He hadn't realized the difference until I started asking questions. ...... He thinks this is why some people are telling me it's standard. But to me, it's not standard if it only comes in the premium package. It would make it so much easier if it was just listed. (Maybe they ran out of ink)

He was also able to answer the footwell lighting questions I had, but I'm not sure if I understand it. I think I have to go look again...... Gives me an excuse for another test drive smiling smiley

Oh, and he also told me if I go with them, they will change one of their April production cars and I can get my car the end of June instead of July. smiling smiley smiling smiley

Joanne
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
That's what 1 dealer said to me yesterday
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 13 March, 2013, at 5:06:46 pm
No, won't have it in time for BRBS, so I gotta fly sad smiley

I thought about getting the 2014, but they've told me there is no change in the car. Also, the price will go up. ...... I did make a comment to him that with the 2014 coming they are going to be putting the end of the season sales up and I should be able to get a lower pice. He didn't think that was funny and didn't come down in price..... Oh well, I tried.

The 1 dealer gave me the price of $58K. When the dealer 1st dealer only offered me $1K off, I told him I wanted more and others were giving me more. I think told him the amount, he said he couldn't go that low and offered $59K because he was so helpful to me. I thanked him for that but I would also have to pay for a trip to his area so it would cost me more than the $1K. He said to give him 24 hours. Last night he called me back and came down to the $58 K, made a comment that I was taking from his commission. Told him I understood that, but I have a certain amount of $ to spend. He was nice about it all.

Just waiting to hear from 1 more dealer, then will decide which to go with.
Joanne
BTW, about BRBS
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 13 March, 2013, at 5:08:12 pm
When are they going to let me know if I have a room? I don't want to make flight reservations and then not have a room to stay in. If they wait much longer I won't be able to get my flights, many are already booked and I'm looking at not such good times to leave and arrive.

Joanne
Re: BTW, about BRBS
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 13 March, 2013, at 5:47:13 pm
If you have your name on the waiting list at the Switzerland Inn, I'm sure you'll end up with a room. There are always some cancellations due to change in plans, work schedules etc. In fact, in the BRBS forum here, someone just posted that he had to cancel.
Re: BTW, about BRBS
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 13 March, 2013, at 6:18:04 pm
Book the flight...you'll get a room, or someone is bound to make you an offer you can't refuse. winking smiley

Heck, most of 'the gang' wind up passed out, either around the pool or the fire pit, anyway smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login