Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Beautiful, not so beautiful
JackintheBoxster - Friday, 3 May, 2013, at 6:56:01 pm
Walking home today, I saw a really nice 968 convertible parked on the side of the road. I'm not sure I'd ever seen one, or really paid attention if I had. I realize this is apostasy in some circles, but it's not a bad looking car. I'd like to see how it drives.

On the same walk, I saw a lime-green Lamborghini convertible stopped at a light (sounded like a Honda, by the way). Now, this is Washington, D.C., and we here under the sequester don't see that many of what you call your real live exotic cars here. Sure, there are Porsches and Mercedeses here and there, along with Cadillacs and 'Vettes for those who can swing it, and there is a really nice Maserati two blocks away. But mostly we're plain folk without need for big-city supercar nonsense.

So, I'd ordinarilly be pretty excited to see real-live Lambo up close.

I've got to say, especially in that lime green, it was the ugliest car I've ever seen. U-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-gly. If the guy bought it to meet girls, I hope he brought a book.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
45235 Towlern Place Sterling, VA

Makes a nice morning trip. I never got any hassle from parking my lowly Boxster on their lot .

I used to have a half dozen Boxsters I'd see parked in their driveways or open garages within a half mile of my relatively modest '70s-built home in Oakton. I'd seldom see anything in DC itself. Traffic too bad, parking by contact, etc. Even at the upper end suburban restaurants like L'Auberge Chez Francois and The Inn at Little Washington I don't recall seeing anything unusual or exotic. Maybe a 'Vette on occasion but more likely a mini-van or a Benz/Lexus SUV. In Potomac or Great Falls I'd see 911s but not near the city in Chevy Chase or even Bethesda. I'd take mine anywhere but the thought of parking in Georgetown, Foggy Bottom or on the hill would be enough to bring out the Honda. The P-car was more comfortable for around the suburbs and I was lucky enough to commute outward from Oakton to Herndon for the time I had her there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login