Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Sigh...
JackintheBoxster - Friday, 14 June, 2013, at 3:09:10 pm
I love my Boxster. Best car ever, Wouldn't trade it for anything. Anyone who disagrees with me is a pantywaist who doesn't understand fine cars.

Then I saw this 1961, racing green MGB down the block today.
Re: Sigh...
db997S - Friday, 14 June, 2013, at 3:43:19 pm
Yeah, but I'd never own an older car. I drooled over the MGBs, Triumphs 914s back when I was a grade schooler in the late 60s/early 70s, but when you look inside them, all I see now is a death trap--no ABS, airbags, cumble zones, headrests, etc. I'll take a modern car any day.
We have a 1974 MGB
Jeff (Philly) - Sunday, 16 June, 2013, at 11:02:17 am
My wife bought a 1974 MGB new in Washington DC about two years before we met. It has its own web page (click here) that describes its travels and a 1999 restoration project. From DC the car has been to Calif. and to London where we drove it around England and Wales. We also ferried across the channel to Paris to attend a wedding. The car is semi retired here in PA now.

In about 1983 we stored it because we had a newborn baby girl. In 1999 I restored it and taught my daughter how to drive in it. I figured if she can drive this she can drive anything; no power steering, brakes or windows and no computers. As of this post I have it back in the shop getting all new brake parts, radiator hoses, windshield wiper motor and water pump. It hadn't been driven last year because of these issues.

You mentioned a 1961 MGB which had the chrome bumpers and wire wheels, I had a 1962 Austin Healy 3000 which also sported those features. You need a big hammer for the knock offs to remove the wheel. I wish I still had the Healy. The MGB does not go very fast, doesn't stop very well and corners poorly but it was a great car in its time and there is an emotional attachment to this one.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2013 11:19AM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login