Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
New top...
jalessio - Tuesday, 9 July, 2013, at 2:05:31 pm
I will be replacing the original top on my 98 Boxster. I have been looking at doing a 03-04 frame/top swap, but I am not sure I want to tackle the rewiring. My other option is a GAHH top. I searched the old PPBB and here to see comments about the GAHH. There was a thread from 2009 in the old PPBB that raised an issue with the GAHH operating properly with the storage bin. I have a set of speakers in the storage bin and would hate to give those up. Anyone have a GAHH with a storage bin? If so, how is the operation? Thanks...
Re: New top...
danz76 - Thursday, 11 July, 2013, at 10:18:17 am
I do. It is fine.
+1
bar10dah - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 4:59:22 am
No issues with the storage bin.
Difficult DIY, But Not Impossible
bar10dah - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 6:13:54 am
Also, I replaced my top myself with a GAHH. Took about 7.5 hours. Tough, but not beyond reason. Do a lot of reading up on how to do it so you'll better understand everything as you're taking your car apart. Purchase all the parts you'll need to replace/use. Look at a lot of pictures of the job, again so you'll better understand what it is you're doing. Take your own pictures along the way so you know how things are supposed to fit back together. Give yourself plenty of time to do the job leisurely, without rushing. Give yourself two days to do the job, in case you get frustrated and need to take a break, sometimes sleeping on it and getting back to the job the next day will help you see the problem clearer and make the rest of the job easier. And keep the internet up and running so you can ask questions along the way.

[forums.pelicanparts.com]

[986forum.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2013 06:14AM by bar10dah. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login