Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I finally bought my FIRST PORSCHE
DURHAMPIRATE - Friday, 30 December, 2011, at 9:51:33 pm
I am a long time lurker and want to thank everyone that contributed in helping me make my purchase decision. It has been 5 years since I started my quest in wanting then looking for my Boxster. I bought a 2008 Boxster and drove it 48 miles to my home and fell even more in love. My wife has made fun of me tonight, because I open the garage every time i pass the door to see if I really lost my mind and bought my Porsche.

Everything went fine on the way home except the passenger airbag disengage light came on. Anyone know what to do with this error message? Thanks for any suggestions
Congratulations!
dghii - Friday, 30 December, 2011, at 10:21:39 pm
Where are the pics????

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Congrats! Enjoy your permagrin!!!!
jg wnc - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 11:11:58 am
Can't help on the airbag light. Sorry.
I'm not sure hwo that works on new porsches (e.g.: 2005+)
grant - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 12:38:55 pm
There's a sensor in the seat that prevents it from discharging with no weight in it. But there is also, i believe, a way to turn it off manually for baby seats, frail people, or other reasons. I would begin by reading the owners manual. Barring that check with the dealer.

Sorry.

Enjoy the car. It wonderful, relatively efficient, and reliable. And a blast to drive (or, as the song say, "jack, you dead")

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Excellent. Enjoy.
Boxsterra - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 1:51:25 pm
If you bought the car from the dealer, they should fix the airbag warning for free.
Congratulations! Still under warranty?
Bobtesa - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 3:40:38 pm
A 2008 may still be under warranty, so check out any issue with a dealer. Also, if you bought the car as certified from a dealer, then I think you have two more years of coverage.
Re: I finally bought my FIRST PORSCHE
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 5:28:57 pm
Congrats! smileys with beer Get used to your wife making fun of you. I still do the over the shoulder glance after parking... NINE YEARS LATER! grinning smiley
Re: I finally bought my FIRST PORSCHE
nmanitou (Doug in MI) - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 9:25:52 pm
Welcome! I did the same thing with my first boxster. Kept opening the door to the garage to look at it for at least couple weeks. Even posted about it on the old board. May it provide you with many miles of permagrin in 2012!

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
I fixed the airbag issue
DURHAMPIRATE - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 10:46:31 pm
Thanks for the the well wishes. I read the manuals and they all said take it to the dealer to have it reset. I called my salesman that sold me the car, he told me that if you extend the passenger seat all the way back and it touches the back of the interior it will turn deactivate the passenger airbag. I moved the seat all the way forward and it reactivated the airbag. I'll post pictures soon. I look forward to joining my local PCA and being a part of this forum. HAPPY NEW YEAR
Great. Now you have many reasons to look forward to the New Year
grant - Saturday, 31 December, 2011, at 11:54:12 pm
Enjoy a wonderful car. Be one of the fraternity. Have fun.

And be well.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: I fixed the airbag issue
whall - Sunday, 1 January, 2012, at 5:04:41 pm
Is the salesman a Porsche dealership salesman?

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login