Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Driveline mounts
grant - Thursday, 26 September, 2013, at 8:34:48 pm
I'd very much like my track car to have a firmer moor/tranny mounting like my regular car, but, alas, Pedro'sgarage no longer makes the enthusiast mount. Too bad. Another quality product from our board sponsor.

So I've been doing some research. I wound up on the phone with the Wevo guy. He vacillated a bit on whether their mount would be too stiff for my liking (any BTDT? speak up!). Interestingly, he thought that i might get better driveline location and less NVH by changing the tranny mounts. He is certainly correct that they don't bolt to that sounding board behind your right ear called the firewall.

Any opinion? Experience?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Make one
Boxsterra - Friday, 27 September, 2013, at 2:03:40 am
Just pour some Flexane into your existing mount and you'll have what you're looking for.
at minimum the enthusiast mount would be flexane with 4 holes, right?

What about the tranny vs motor mount question, any opinion?

TIA<

Grant

Grant

Flexane 80 or 94? Any ideas on holes to soften? *NM*
grant - Friday, 27 September, 2013, at 8:41:17 am
Grant

I think you can mix them at whatever ratio suits you
Boxsterra - Saturday, 28 September, 2013, at 1:18:27 pm
and if it is too harsh, take it out and change it. The one consideration is that I think they soften up a little after their initial use so don't be too quick to judge.
If you drive it on the streets you're not going to like it.
One of the project cars we did (986 Spyder) had the solid tranny mounts and it was very annoying.
we had to go back to OEM.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Driveline mounts
IFlyLow - Friday, 27 September, 2013, at 8:56:43 am
I went with the Wevo when my OEM disintegrated. I may have a good comparison, as I suspect the motor mount was bad when I bought the car. I noticed though, that the only difference was additional vibration and noise in the cabin. I don't track it, so I don't know if it improved performance. I am actually considering going back to OEM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login