Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Temptation
m4240z - Monday, 7 October, 2013, at 4:58:11 pm
I was at the local dealership ordering a part, and the sales guy who took me out for a test drive in a '13 981 asked me if I could be convinced given there was one '13 981 (nicely optioned) going at a discounted rate to get it out as the '14s are in. My ever practical partner advised me that it wasn't necessary as, I like the 986's rawness, it looks (to her and in that case most people) haven't changed much, and I could spend the money on so many other things.

Temptation works in remarkable ways, and I was further advised is one of the seven deadly sins.

Which makes the dealer the devil..... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 05:15PM by m4240z. (view changes)
Re: Temptation
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans) - Tuesday, 8 October, 2013, at 10:12:23 am
This might be a good time to ask if there are any differences between the MY 2013 and 2014 cars.
db997S - Tuesday, 8 October, 2013, at 10:18:20 am
All good things come to those that wait. I'd check back with the dealer come late Oct. or early Nov. to see if the car is still available. I got a huge discount for buying a 2009 MY 997 in Nov. 2009. I'd toss out 25% off MSRP and see if he bites. It's like asking the pretty girl in high school to the prom. She may just very welll say yes.
m4240z - Tuesday, 8 October, 2013, at 5:04:24 pm
There's two interesting stories to your post.

I did get, on my 03 986, a discount of $10k on $70k, which was pretty darn good. That much being said, I'm still quite in love with my current ride, and I just had the engine rebuilt, and a new top in.

The other story is when I was in high school, I remember seeing the prettiest girl on the first day I was there -- she was in Grade 9 and I was in Grade 8. It was unthinkable to even consider asking her out -- and no one ever really did, because they considered her out of reach. Fast forward a bunch of years, and I see her. We trade e-mail addresses, and she invites me to a dinner she's organizing with a bunch of people from high school, which in my mind was unthinkable that she'd even talk to me. So, to any high schoolers reading this board, ask out the pretty girl you'd dare not to, as she may say yes. Because you may run into her some years later, and discover she may have well said yes way back then.....

That much being said, I'm not disappointed at all with my lot, as I did find my own pretty girl later -- but all those years of agonizing desire....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login