Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
VW Porsche merger off???
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 9 January, 2012, at 2:37:15 pm
Link

WSJ reports but possible purchase of sports car unit? Love these corporations with their multiple legal entities.
I always believed they operate both companies in a portfolio fashion with car lines compliementing each other etc. like the GM family of car companies. Maybe they want to merge to prevent another Wiedeking personality from being involved.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 06:17PM by Laz. (view changes)
Don't belive so. There is so much more to Porsche than just the cars/SUVs. So, think they'll strip it down and take the cars/SUVs and then try for the other bits and pieces as the legal wrangling works its way through the system.
When we toured the factory in 2000, our guide made a big point in saying that Porsche had become more of a design company (engineering) than just a manufacturer.
I guess if you look at how many of the parts that are in the car that come from other car makers/suppliers, there is something to be said for that comment, but they still assemble( in some cases)/paint and add their own engine (among other things) to the final product so the car builder part of the business would still seem to be the lions share of what they do.

Regarding the new factory that the Boxster/Cayman will be built in, IIRC, Magna Styer will be the assembler and the cars will be assembled in their factory, correct?
Arrrgh! *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 11 January, 2012, at 3:15:48 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 03:17PM by Laz. (view changes)
I believe the Karmann plant was puchased by VW when Karmann went out of business. Two of the vehicles that will be built at the plant are the new Boxster and Cayman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login