Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Here is a link to Porsche's New 2013 Boxster / S microsite:

New 2013 Porsche Boxster Microsite

David C. Wilson
Bert Smith PORSCHE, BMW, VW

727-528-1120 x 541

727-741-3433 cell

727-521-1135 fax

Own: 1988 Porsche 944 (base) Red over Black 5-Speed (of course!)

Conversions: Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo beams in German Bocsh Glass Lenses, Alpine CD in-dash with Ipod input, blue tooth, and I used the shuttle control cable coming out of the rear of the deck to patch through digital Sirrius SAT radio! Chip in ECU, and K+N cold air intake. 17 inch 996 wheels and tires. Converted A/C, replaced all the engine gaskets, rack, and all brakes. I drive this car everyday to work ! Love it!
Those ugly fins in the side vents are finally gone. Looks like the Turbo's vents are being used. I've always hated those fins, especially on the 987s. They were way more pronounced in that silver color.
A lot of my Customer are very excited about the new car. I think they look awesome! Nice clean lines and I love the doors with the Carrera GT look!

David C. Wilson

727-528-1120 x 541

727-741-3433 cell

727-521-1135 fax

Conversions: Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo beams in German Bocsh Glass Lenses, Alpine CD in-dash with Ipod input, blue tooth, and I used the shuttle control cable coming out of the rear of the deck to patch through digital Sirrius SAT radio! Chip in ECU, and K+N cold air intake. 17 inch 996 wheels and tires. Converted A/C, replaced all the engine gaskets, rack, and all brakes. I drive this car everyday to work ! Love it!
Do you know why the US and Canada car configurators support different options?

In Canada, but not in US:

20" Sport Techno wheel choice
Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) option
Mirror housing painted exterior color option
Rear apron painted exterior color option
Side intakes painted exterior color option

There may be others.

Does this reflect a difference in the availability of options for the two markets, or problems in the programming of the configurator?
Good Morning,

For some reason Europe gets the options available first, then Canada, then they trickle down to us in the US.

If they are available in Canada, they usually are available here shortly after.

David

David C. Wilson

727-528-1120 x 541

727-741-3433 cell

727-521-1135 fax

I'd be more inclined to believe Guenter has something to do with it. winking smiley
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 12:06:30 pm
Just making sure that my next Boxster sounds better than those of my southern neighbours. grinning smiley
I am the cure to making it better than anyone in the neighborhood. Tell me what you want out of your car and I am happy to help!

David C. Wilson

727-528-1120 x 541

727-741-3433 cell

727-521-1135 fax

Thanks! *NT* *NM*
John in Orlando - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 1:26:03 pm
GOING OUT ON A LIMB HERE, BUT I'M THINKING
Roger987 - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 5:01:45 pm
David C. Wilson should try to find a larger, brighter, font. grinning smiley
Re: GOING OUT ON A LIMB HERE, BUT I'M THINKING
porschedlr - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 5:03:35 pm
Easy! That is something that Pedro did for me. We are working on it. Work in progress!

LOL it is a little big huh?! :-)
Just a tad... smiling smiley *NM*
Roger987 - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 5:04:33 pm
Hey...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 6:02:30 pm
Board sponsors can be as bright and bold as they want! smiling smiley
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Which guy are you?
Laz - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 5:28:25 pm
Re: Which guy are you?
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 6:00:46 pm

David is wearing the blue shirt and red tie on the left.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks, P. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 19 January, 2012, at 6:41:37 pm
The more I see of this animal, the more I am in love. I think design department stopped just in time. Not sure if the rear spoiler/tailight tie-in jives with the rest of the car, but it would not be a deal breaker for me. Well done, Porsche !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login