Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
A few strange laws you could be encountering during your travels. Worth a chuckle or two.

[www.msn.com]
The "lantern" law might still be valid in that motor vehicles intended for public road use are required to have headlights, so it could be a matter of semantics: the word is archaic, but might be loosely interpreted.

Barrington, RI got its first two liquor stores just a few years ago. There were, and still are in various states, dry counties and towns. Barrington could still have a law on the books that is simply no longer enforced.

Years ago, a tv show about the Autobahn said it's illegal to run out of gas on one.
Laz
The "lantern" law might still be valid in that motor vehicles intended for public road use are required to have headlights, so it could be a matter of semantics: the word is archaic, but might be loosely interpreted.

Years ago, a tv show about the Autobahn said it's illegal to run out of gas on one.

I don't know the wording of the law, but it sounded like it was OK to drive the wrong way on a one way street, as long as you have a "lantern attached to the front of the vehicle."

It wouldn't surprise me if it was illegal to run out of gas on the Autobahn. With speeds on the open sections, it can be pretty dangerous for a car to be at the side of the road which has pretty narrow shoulders. They do expect people to follow the rules of the road in Germany. No reason that you shouldn't be able to understand how to read a gas gauge.
Oh, yeah, logical somehow…
On a serious note, an interesting traffic law in my area that may be more universal, is being able to make a left on red (after a full stop) when turning into a one-way street where the traffic is moving right to left. A friend actually got stopped once for doing that but had the cop look it up in his administrative code book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 02:24PM by Laz. (view changes)
Yep, definitely legal in many places and use more often than not at a few local urban intersections. Party A, usually just my Passenger Seat Speed Governor, used to sound the alarm every time I would do this until I did so in front of a cop once and he then followed suit. She now employs judiciously too.
Hopefully she doesn't do it in the NEW Porsche... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Two to the third power is eight; eight minus one is seven, which is a prime, so seven is a Mersenne prime - any prime number that is one less than a power of two.

Or so I think on the loooong Friday evening commute. grinning smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login