Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I think I asked this before, but has anyone had experience with noise-cancelling headsets for driving and listening to mapping directions from a phone using a noise-cancelling Bluetooth headset such as this one with the top down? I have a wind damper on my car, so even with the top down the noise is less than it would be otherwise, and I'm thinking about buying one of these so I can talk on the phone or, if nothing else, listen to the computer-generated driving directions without holding the phone to my ear, but if this group thinks its a bad idea, I'll save my money.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
Legality
dak911 - 8 years ago
Is it even legal to drive with headsets?
You need the TechnoTooth so that your smartphone can speak to you through your car's stereo.
I've hav hands-free telephone conversation with the top down at 55 mph with perfect clarity.
If I'm on the Interstate and want to use the hands-free, I generally will drive with the top closed because of wind noise above 70 mph.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedsro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks, but for various reasons, I need a headset.
the two things i find work best are:

1. An over the head BT headset from Delton, about $30.
With a true boom mic it works vastly better than even the most expensive units. Available on Amazon.

2. A regular, old Apple or JBL earbud system. Mic location is an issue as it flaps around

If you want a stylish, small, hang-on-ear solution, the best, by far, is the Plantronics Voyager. My bud who used to run VZW's lab told me to try one.

Jawbone sounds awful - people can't hear you clearly, often even in a closed car.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login