Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
my 997 visited Pedro's garage today.....
Harvey in FL - Tuesday, 24 January, 2012, at 8:55:33 pm
All I can say is Dr Pedro is a pain in my butt. He charged me by the hour to do some very easy tasks. The main task was to put on my new racing brake pads for my next trip to Sebring in a few week. When he was finished, he gave me the bill for way too many hours. I could not believe all the waisted time to spent under the car say things like...."I don't know how to find this or Harvey where is it. Why is the trany in front of the engine? It's not in the right place. Lets just start removing these plastic panels and maybe I'll find out where the part goes. Harvey, why didn't you bring a picture book with you, so I know where these parts go. " smiling smiley

Any way, Pedro and I had a great time doing the maintenance on my car. His time and effort were worth my trip from the west coast to the east coast of FL. I was also able to see a few mods he made to make his Boxster faster. I told him he should have orginally purchased a car with engine and trany in the right place like a 911 and he could have gone faster from the get go.

Pedro, thanks for the great job and I'll see you at the next autox and show you how to go faster.
The pleasure was all mine Harvey...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, at 12:33:19 pm
... we still didn't agree on a wager.
How about $1.00?
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
okay the bet is as follows......
Harvey in FL - Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, at 2:12:03 pm
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... we still didn't agree on a wager.
How about $1.00?

I think you put the period in the wrong place.......

How about $10.00 per each half of a second difference in our lowest run times on the day. If you agree, please sign a contract, have it notorized and e-mail to me some time before the first run. I just don't trust someone who likes there trany and engine in the wrong place.

BTW: You do know it takes more skill to drive a real Porsche. hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 02:13PM by Harvey in FL. (view changes)
You do know that...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, at 2:18:49 pm
... your car's engine displaces 1,100 cc more than mine right?
Also, I will not have the luxury (which you will) to walk and/or memorize the course.
Thank you for acknowledging that I have skills and a real Porsche.
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login