Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... it's a new (just on its second issue) electronic magazine, free of charge.

It's from the UK, so they talk about the Boxster having two boots and a bonnet but in general it's got decent articles and photos and a very nice layout.
It's kind of weird to read that the Boxster S was introduced in 1999, and the glass window on the soft tops was brought to market in 2002, but the Europeans generally get the new stuff in the previous model year than we do.
On the second issue there's a nice Boxster article which ends like this:

"You'll hear talk of Boxster engines blowing up, leaking oil and being an expensive timebomb. They're not - there are instances of engines failing, which get a lot of airtime on the internet but, on the whole, the Boxste4r is reliable and tough. Like any performance car it needs proper and regular maintenance, so don't expect to run one on a shoestring, although costs are sensible. More than a few early examples haven't been properly looked at and appear tired and rattley - they don't have the hewn-from-granite build of earlier Porsches.
Choose right, though, and the Boxster will challenge and excite even the most alpha of alpha males. For the rest of us, it's a superb sports car we can't fail to enjoy."

You can read it all at: www.FerdinandMagazine.com

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Weren't earlier Porsches hewn from iron oxide? *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 28 January, 2012, at 11:00:05 am
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I think you're right. That's why...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 28 January, 2012, at 12:33:26 pm
... they would rust so easily winking smiley
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Nice pix but they should fire "the" editor...
Burg Boxster - Saturday, 28 January, 2012, at 12:49:31 pm
new Boxster article:

14 paragraphs, 581 words...81 of which are "the" (according to my browser's "find" count). Makes for tough reading IMNSHO.

Some other grammatical inconsistencies but I'll attribute those to translation into English winking smiley

My diction and grammar certainly are never perfect... but nor am I not purporting to being an authoritative resource. Plus it's online, not static as in paper medium.

Thanks for sharing another P-car news resource smiling smiley
Don't shoot "the" messenger. winking smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 28 January, 2012, at 4:33:29 pm
Pedro Bonilla

smileys with beer *NM*
Burg Boxster - Saturday, 28 January, 2012, at 4:55:49 pm
Re: Nice pix but they should fire "the" editor...
mnchstrcityblues79 - Thursday, 2 February, 2012, at 2:13:36 pm
Burg Boxster
new Boxster article:

14 paragraphs, 581 words...81 of which are "the" (according to my browser's "find" count). Makes for tough reading IMNSHO.

Some other grammatical inconsistencies but I'll attribute those to translation into English winking smiley

My diction and grammar certainly are never perfect... but nor am I not purporting to being an authoritative resource. Plus it's online, not static as in paper medium.

Thanks for sharing another P-car news resource smiling smiley

I read the 991 article in issue one and barely made it through alive. Still, as you mention, the pictures are very nice and the articles seem to be chock full of tech facts. It will be my 3rd choice behind Excellence and Panorama.
Re: Have you subscribed to the new Ferdinand Magazine?...
SPG356 - Saturday, 28 January, 2012, at 5:22:25 pm
If you want some "fun", read any British 356 publication...always full of obvious errors.

One thing that they are consistent with is they always refer to calender year and not the model year when stating that a certain model, feature or option appeared, thus the 1999 appearance of the "S" and the 2002 appearance of the glass back window. Everything else--accuracy wise--take it with a grain of salt!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 05:23PM by SPG356. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login