Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
CCW While Boxstering?
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Monday, 30 January, 2012, at 12:14:57 pm
For those who carry a weapon while driving, how do you do so as to not damage the seat or be uncomfortable?

The seat is narrow and carrying a handgun in the normal strong-side position will damage the seat and yourself. A shoulder holster wouldn't be bad, but I find it tiring. A car holster is a possibility, but that means switching to a regular holster before exiting the car.

Recommendations?
Recommendations...
Roger987 - Monday, 30 January, 2012, at 12:50:17 pm
I'm hoping to take a 4 week cross-USA trip early this summer. Maybe you could post a list of places where carrying a handgun is advisable, and I'll map a route that avoids those places. My Boxster and I will thank you for it. smiling smiley
Re: Recommendations...
MikenOH - Monday, 30 January, 2012, at 3:20:07 pm
Downtown Detroit would be way up on my list..eye popping smiley
Re: CCW While Boxstering?
db997S - Monday, 30 January, 2012, at 4:11:52 pm
Heck, even my Blackberry clip holster is a PITA in the car. Couldn't imagine a bulky firearm. Not sure what you mean by strong side, but if that's the left side for a right handed person, would a holster that could keep the gun parallel to the ground while standing work (so the barrel is facing the back of the seat, not the bottom while seated). I guess, it depends on the size of the gun, too? Problem with a car holster or removal holster is you wouldn't want to "space" and leave the gun in the car. A big problem for those of us that suffer from senior moments.
Next time you get a chance...
MarcW - Monday, 30 January, 2012, at 5:36:13 pm
speak with a uniformed officer. My recollection is they have a side carry holster and of course have it on while in the car.

Maybe you need to fit a Crown Vic seat in your car?

Just kidding.

Detectives/plains clothes officers use a side holster/sling.

Were I to want to carry a weapon I think I'd go this route.

About all I can offer in the way of help is visit a gun shop in your area used by LEO's to see what carry options it offers. I'm sure you're not the first to run into this.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
frogster - Monday, 30 January, 2012, at 5:44:13 pm
see my anti-car jacking device post.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Tuesday, 31 January, 2012, at 10:05:34 am
I'm hoping to take a 4 week cross-USA trip early this summer. Maybe you could post a list of places where carrying a handgun is advisable, and I'll map a route that avoids those places. My Boxster and I will thank you for it.

ANY major city. Also avoid out-of-the-way roadside rests, especially after dark.

Not sure what you mean by strong side, but if that's the left side for a right handed person,

Right-side carry for a right-handed person = Strong-side

I've been pretty-much a lurker for several years, first on PPBB, then here as I don't yet own a Pcar. However, I am about to buy a Boxster (going after work today to take a hard look at what will probably by my new purchase) and I am trying to get my ducks-in-a-row before the purchase. PPBB had a long thread on this subject and I will search for it.

Am also researching an interior cover and an exterior cockpit cover for respectively, winter storage and while parking at work. Am leaning towards those sold by Roadstersolutions.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login