Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
MAFs, tires, 09 base Cayman...
MarcW - Thursday, 9 February, 2012, at 2:38:42 pm
Had a chance to speak to some techs today and the word I got is MAFs are out of the new Porsches.

Well, new as of when the Cayenne first appeared with the new DFI engine installed. Why I am the last to know?

Air flow/mass (something) is measured by an air pressure sensor located in the manifold downstream of the throttle body.

I have not been able to find out any more on this. Bosch and Siemen make these but a google search turned up devices for sale for specific cars but no technical literature.

Tires: Goodyear N-rated tires are available, for the Boxster, at least for mine (17" wheels). IIRC Goodyear tires have been available for the Cayenne for a while.

Roughly the Goodyears are $5/front tire and $15/rear tire less than comparable tires from say Micheline. Parts department quoted me (unoffically) $200/front tire; $215/rear tire. Tires are not in stock but can be ordered and here in a day or two. Also, seems there's road hazard coverage available for $7/tire. This is honored by Tire Rack. I asked for the fine print but didn't have time to wait. I'll pick some up next time I'm by there.

On my way out of the service area to my car parked on the lot off to one side I spotted a 'new' white Cayman. I looked and it is a base Cayman, 09, Tip (or PDK?). Not a manual that's for sure.

Anyhow, I didn't have the time to kick the tires and light the fires. Also, the car is not officially for sale yet.

It is soon to become available (maybe). The story is the driver is getting a new Porsche soon and in the meantime has another car to drive.

The Cayman looks to be in real good shape.

Tempting...

Sincerely,

MarcW.
on these new sensors. Well, new to me.

When this came up a while back I thought people were referring to MAP sensors which are old school, having been superceded by hot wire MAFs then hot file MAFs.

Sincerely,

Marc W.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login