Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Windshield camera mount
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 20 February, 2012, at 10:27:16 pm
I have a new small camera (Nikon AW100) that does pretty well with movies. I would like to get a windshield mount for it. The prices are all over the place and on some the mounting arm looks too short to work well with the slope of a Boxster's windshield. Some look too flimsy for "spirited" driving. Have any of you used one on the front windshield that you found good?

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Re: Windshield camera mount
20BoxSter02 - Tuesday, 21 February, 2012, at 5:39:41 am
I have the Go Pro Hero2 Motorsports edition. Windshield mount is very solid but is made specifically for the Hero series cameras. I am not familiar with the AW100. Maybe it would work with the Hero tripod mount to interface with the Nikon?
Re: Windshield camera mount
MikenOH - Tuesday, 21 February, 2012, at 12:08:27 pm
I've been using the Chase cam mount for a few years mounted atop the roll bar with a Canon camera about the size of your Nikon. I put some foam around the mount to protect the bar and then use the metal straps that came with it to secure it around the roll bar--a very solid mount that passes tech.
[www.chasecam.com]

Having said that, I've heard good things about the GoPro suction cup mounts that might require a bit of alteration to fit your needs. Here's a site that specializes in windshield camera mounts; most of the mounts have the standard camera threaded mount:
[www.ebay.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login