Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche Электроусилитель руля animation
Laz - Saturday, 3 March, 2012, at 7:11:07 pm
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 07:15PM by Laz. (view changes)
Русские очень мягкий язык.
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 3 March, 2012, at 11:07:32 pm
Still, it was a good animation of the new electric power steering.
правильно, я согласен. *NM*
Laz - Sunday, 4 March, 2012, at 9:59:23 am
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
вы, ребята, веселые *NM*
newt - Sunday, 4 March, 2012, at 9:06:45 am
Да! Спасибо. *NM*
Laz - Sunday, 4 March, 2012, at 9:56:33 am
I'm not sure if this described Power Steer and/or Power Steering Plus.

My guess is that there's not much difference, when it comes to cost between the current power assisted steering and the new electronic one. I believe the Porsche claim is that the electronic one uses less power from the engine, since it gets its power from the battery, resulting in fuel savings. Of course, I'm wondering if the alternator isn't getting more use with a heavier draw on the battery.

I wonder if the new system wouldn't even be less expensive, since you don't have power steering fluid, lines and related hardware of the current system. Could be the one electric motor is actually simpler. The rest of what is shown, I think is just part of the steering rack which you would have even without power steering.
Just my $0.02 cents worth.

Some reports I've read from 991 tests say there's a bit less road feel, others say there's not much of a difference beween the 997 and 991.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 04:49PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 04:08PM by Laz. (view changes)
From what's been written about it so far, it seems to detract from "feel," by eliminating some of the "texture" of the road surface. By filtering out the "noise," it might enhance the control. The main reason for electromechanical steering is to have better mpg and less power loss, as it only draws significant power when the steering wheel is turned. This may be part of the 5-10 hp gain over 2012 Boxsters. There's a "Power Steering Plus" option that produces variable assist, but might further degrade the feel.*
*This last was vaguely suggested by a Porsche engineer in a magazine.

Hahaha....I know you will..... Я надеюсь увидеть вас в BRBS. Может быть, я в состоянии сделать это в этом году!
Это было бы фантастическим. Никогда не видел вас в BRBS через пару лет.

Я собираюсь должны быть осторожны. Мой английский собирается получить ржавый. grinning smiley
LMAO!!! *NM*
newt - Monday, 5 March, 2012, at 7:01:04 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login