Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Autofarm does interesting work. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 11:56:24 am
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 11:58AM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: Autofarm does interesting work.
Alcantera - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 6:17:00 pm
I don't think the fuel lines or heat vents would be usable, I would bet that there is a huge mouse nest behind the fan unit and I bet the fuel pump is junk and the battery boxes are rotten. The pedal cluster is most likely in need of bushings and the rubber seals are done. So it's needs to be. Restored
Re: Barn Find: 1972 911S with only 78K miles
San Rensho - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 5:21:58 pm
It would be an absolute crime to restore that car, and it would also significantly diminish its value. With the paint in that good of condition, it's worth a lot more in the condition it's in.

People have this obsession with over restoring cars. Well, I guess the car restorers have convinced people that they have to restore.
The wing is wrong, so that should come off.
Laz - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 6:19:04 pm
I think the article mentions the original engine lid being available, too.
Even in terms of aesthetics, the huge whale tail has nothing to do with the subtle, simple design of a '72. That apron lip was radical enough for the factory.
paulwdenton - Friday, 9 March, 2012, at 8:11:27 pm
I'm betting the pictures are posed or Photoshopped. The barn and the lighting are just too perfect. Looks like a Hollywood set. And where is the backstory for how the car got there? Left in a barn for 37 years by whom? Why? And after 37 years, who had the complete maintenance history? If it's that perfect, why does it need restoration? The whole thing smells like "scam."
Capt Ron - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 2:32:04 pm
Three of four tires...er, tyres, still inflated? Must have bought the nitrogen option...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login