Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
"But there's a sneaking feeling that a 2.7 Boxster with the standard 6-speed manual might be the more intuitive - and immediately easier to fall for - car. I've just got to get my hands on one to let you know."

Ummm... Guenter, there's a GT Silver, manual transmission 2.7 981 out there, calling your name. Don't break its heart.
And I'm sure he wouldn't mind if those same generous donors took his new car for a wee spin through some twisties. smiling smiley
Only way it would EVER get over 4,000 RPM grinning smiley
Hang on, I heard him hit 7000 r.p.m. once
Roger987 - Thursday, 8 March, 2012, at 6:15:34 pm
He missed a downshift into 3rd and caught 1st instead. grinning smiley

That's probably why he wants a manual in his 981 - he's hoping that, one day, he'll get it right.

(But don't tell him I said that - we don't want him to get a complex). eye rolling smiley
Roger987

Ummm... Guenter, there's a GT Silver, manual transmission 2.7 981 out there, calling your name. Don't break its heart.

I've been listening. Didn't hear a thing. Mabye it's just the rain pounding on the roof.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
The S has 50 more h.p., and even better,
Roger987 - Thursday, 8 March, 2012, at 6:20:32 pm
almost 60 more 'torks', as they say on Top Gear. A 30% increase in torks is substantial. The 981 S's 0-60 time occupies what was supercar territory not long ago.
45,000 pounds sterling is almost $90,000.
JM-Stamford,CT - Friday, 9 March, 2012, at 2:39:32 pm
Boy am I glad I live here.
It's 70,000 USD
frogster - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 2:46:15 pm
And i dont know about britain, but in most counties in europe, the price includes tax. So when a car is listed at $50k in the US, it'll cost you $60k+ out the door. In switzerland for example, when it says 50k, it's 50k.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
...and then sales tax is only 5-7% in most states (6.25 here in Taxachusetts). So the net result, at least in my experience, is that whatever a car is "listed" at ends up being more-or-less the amount you actually end up dishing out...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login