Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Why was my pic deleted? NBC
Bobtesa - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 1:12:34 pm
I read the instructions for posting pics, did so using tinypic, and posted a pic of my interior (under Friday scan, below). It all worked and my pic was posted. But, now tinypic has deleted it. What's the deal with that? Does tinypic use a built in timer that erases the pic?

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Re: Why was my pic deleted? NBC
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 2:37:51 pm
Tinypic does delete your photo after a while, so if you want it to stay on the board, you will need to upload your picture on another hosting site.
frogster - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 2:50:26 pm
How long ago did you upload to tinypic?
If recently, did you see it when previewing your post? You did do a prevew, right?
If not, you may have just made a mistake with the link.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
I don't have a Tinypic account, so apparently that's not what makes a temporal difference.
SkylineDriveTinypic
Roger987 - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 4:07:34 pm
Hi Bob.

I used Tinypic to upload the pics I posted yesterday - they're still here on PBB. I don't know why yours disappeared, but I hope that helps.
jwdbox - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 4:31:09 pm
I also use (only) TinyPic and have not had any problems here. I posted the SilverBox pics on the same thread using TinyPic and they are still up. Might want to try again to see what happens. cool smiley
Really weird
Bobtesa - Saturday, 10 March, 2012, at 5:08:20 pm
My pic from tinypic did come up on the board. See Friday scans. Roger987 asked if it was an RS 60, and I replied yes. So, it wasn't just me who was able to view the pic. How does this technology stuff work? The pic was like disappearing ink! I thought that once it was up on this board, or somewhere else. it became independent of tinypic. Or, somehow tinypic embeds a code to erase the file in any other location where it is posted after a certain amount of time. Not the end of the world, just weird.
I'm not sure why.

I uploaded the picture again, grabbed the new link and edited my post. After that, the picture seemed to stay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login