Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Same old complaint since 1963
Laz - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 10:47:22 am
Reading between the lines, it seems what he is missing is skittering and over-steer. I think he would much prefer the handling of an old 911 and the terror of throttle lift during a hard curve. I admit my old MG-TD many years ago was great fun - but its handling by modern standards was atrocious. Under any "normal" public roads situation, the 981 just does not terrify unless you do something REALLY stupid. Apparently the author prefers cars which punish the driver for mistakes. Personally, I prefer cars which go fast but are a little forgiving if I am not perfect.
Mike, you're just rationalizing because you've bought one. winking smiley
You are probbly right - but
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 5:36:57 pm
I have read dozens of reviews and they are almost universally favorable. Hopefully, I will feel the same after I take delivery!

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Here is one more review...
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 6:25:08 pm
[life.nationalpost.com]

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Re: Here is one more review...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 6:37:26 pm
...hmmmm. Kind of sitting on the fence, isn't he. Hard to tell if he liked it or not. cool smiley

Mike, I'm sure you'll find that the Zen of Driving comes standard in this car at least, if not more so, than in the current Boxster.
"The six-speed manual was a delight to row, with light, positive shifts and ideal clutch take-up. (Though the PDK-equipped car is faster, the driver interaction just doesn’t deliver the same fun factor.) And the car’s ride was almost limo-like in comparison with its predecessor, even when in Sport and Sport+ modes, which palpably change suspension stiffness."
I think he means in comparison to the 991.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
One sigh of relief
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 11:38:29 am
I was thinking that those big 20" wheels with rubber bands for tires would shake the fillings out of your teeth on the roads around here, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All the reports I've read so far say that the ride is surprisingly compliant on poor road conditions.

Of course there will be a matter of the cost to replace that 20" rubber. eye popping smiley Add to that the cost of replacing TPMS sensors. eye popping smiley eye popping smiley
Another concern, beginning with 17s
Laz - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 12:38:43 pm
has been tire sidewall/wheel fragility. That's why if one can go for the expense, forged wheels would somewhat alleviate this concern.
Re: One sigh of relief
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, at 1:58:04 pm
Guenter in Ontario
I was thinking that those big 20" wheels with rubber bands for tires would shake the fillings out of your teeth on the roads around here, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All the reports I've read so far say that the ride is surprisingly compliant on poor road conditions.

Of course there will be a matter of the cost to replace that 20" rubber. eye popping smiley Add to that the cost of replacing TPMS sensors. eye popping smiley eye popping smiley

Go for it G-Man; you can't....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login