Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Re: Three more "reviews"
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 17 March, 2012, at 10:56:08 am
All the tests, including these three, are pretty unanimous in their opinion of the car. Bigger, faster, lighter, more economical, better handling. Only negatives seem to be the steering (the feel/feedback, but everyone seems to think it makes the car handle better.) and the rocker switches for PDK, a non issue for those of us who enjoy doing our own shifting.

Haven't had one negative comment about the larger wheels making the ride too rough. Everyone seems to praise the ride, how it soaks up bumps and at the same time has tonnes of grip in the corners.
It apparently mitigates the lower sidewalls' detrimental effect. I still worry a bit about tire, and even moreso, wheel susceptibility to damage.
The softest adaptation of PASM's Normal setting is softer than that of the standard suspension. From what I gather, this is the default initial setting.
As far as the steering, it seems that it loses less feel with the 981 than the 991.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 11:46AM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
It apparently mitigates the lower sidewalls' detrimental effect. I still worry a bit about tire, and even moreso, wheel susceptibility to damage.
The softest adaptation of PASM's Normal setting is softer than that of the standard suspension. From what I gather, this is the default initial setting.
As far as the steering, it seems that it loses less feel with the 981 than the 991.

It's not just wheel damage, but also the damage new tires will do to your wallet. For now, there won't likely be too many companies that make 20" high perfomance rubber.

I think you opted for the 19's, didn't you?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Yes, the nineteens. *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 17 March, 2012, at 1:56:55 pm
Man, you guys are KILLING me.
Roger987 - Saturday, 17 March, 2012, at 4:07:00 pm
Every time I see a photo of it, I'm struck by what a fantastic job Porsche did. That it performs better, in virtually every respect, than the 987 makes it a real hands-down winner.

I can't help but wonder whether, once it hits the streets, there will be such a huge demand that there will be big dealer mark-ups, and people offering to buy one privately for more $ than the price for which it was originally sold.
Re: Man, you guys are KILLING me.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Saturday, 17 March, 2012, at 4:21:05 pm
With limited allocations and buyer demand, you know that is what Porsche is trying to do with every car. You are competing with the world now.
Re: Man, you guys are KILLING me.
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Saturday, 17 March, 2012, at 4:25:53 pm
For the RIGHT price, I'll sell my order!! grinning smiley

Just kidding!

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login