Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Really cheap battery maintainer
Charlie (Sacramento CA) - Sunday, 25 March, 2012, at 6:11:37 pm
I thought you guys would like to know about this option. I picked up this Black and Decker maintainer for less than $21(!) on Amazon, and it actually works. It comes with several cables including a cigarette lighter cable that fit fine and works well on my '04 S. In using it for the past month, it works great and my only regret is not getting it sooner. I had no idea such a cheap option existed...definitely something I needed since I installed a tiny Braille battery--but would still be good for people with aging batteries that like to play the radio while cleaning the car, might go more than a week between drives, etc.

Pedro, you should carry this. It's already orange! smiling smiley

[www.amazon.com]
Never did hold a full charge after that. I bought a CTEK on amazon.
I already offer the TechnoCharge ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 7:48:36 am
... which I believe is the best charger / conditioner / maintainer for our cars.
It's the TechnoCharger [pedrosgarage.com]
It is made by CTEK the same manufacturer that makes the OEM Porsche charger.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: I already offer the TechnoCharge ...
Charlie (Sacramento CA) - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 10:01:51 pm
I didn't realize you already had one, looks good. We'll see how long my cheap one lasts now.
Re: Really cheap battery maintainer
silverbox03 - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 7:49:06 pm
Another good brand is Schumacher. I have one of their larger chargers that will charge or maintain, as well as a feature that will start a car with a dead battery. It's about 25 years old and has never let me down.
I also have one of their small maintainers that is 15 years old and has been reliable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login