Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
open front trunk?
marbleheader - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 5:46:29 pm
Went to wake up my 2001boxster s from hibernation. Dead battery and I broke the release cable when I pulled it. How do I open the trunk for a jump?
Re: open front trunk?
jwdbox - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 6:13:49 pm
Check out Mike's information at back hood open techniques I think it should resolve your problem. cool smiley
jwdbox - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 7:55:39 pm
jwdbox
Check out Mike's information at alternate hood open techniques I think it should resolve your problem. cool smiley
Ops, some how I mislabeled the url- it still works fine, but I meant to say alternate hood open techniques instead of "back" hood open techniques in the above post and by the time I read it I could no longer edit it. cool smiley
CarreraLicious - Monday, 26 March, 2012, at 8:05:32 pm
For a 2001 (I have one too), you can either:

1) place a trickle charger in the cigarette lighter socket to charge the battery enough to operate the electric trunk switch or
2) get a power lead to a location in the fuse box in the driver's footwell (the location is marked), make sure put a ground to the doorjam or something. It will automatically electrically pop the trunk lid. I would first try number 1 as method 2 can also end up popping the fuse behind the CDR radio unit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login