Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
That's over twice the U.S. price (around $50,000) for a base Boxster!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Lawdevil
That's over twice the U.S. price (around $50,000) for a base Boxster!

Something to consider is relative incomes in the two countries. Here's what a quick search produced. I can't verify the accuracy.

Average Aussie income A$68,791 [www.livingin-australia.com]
Average US income US$41,663 [bber.unm.edu]

Of course there are import duties and other taxes to consider, but it does bring the relative/affordability prices a bit closer together.
Not sure of the relevance of that stat
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 4 April, 2012, at 12:15:15 am
Guenter, I don't think it really indicates greater affordability. All it really probably indicates is that a higher percentage of Aussies are well off or there are fewer lower income individuals there. Also, the cost of living appears to be significantly higher in Australia than the U.S. (see [www.numbeo.com]). With everything else being relatively more expensive, I submit that it would be even less affordable than the price would indicate.

mike
Re: Not sure of the relevance of that stat
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 4 April, 2012, at 8:16:39 pm
Lawdevil
Guenter, I don't think it really indicates greater affordability. All it really probably indicates is that a higher percentage of Aussies are well off or there are fewer lower income individuals there. Also, the cost of living appears to be significantly higher in Australia than the U.S. (see [www.numbeo.com]). With everything else being relatively more expensive, I submit that it would be even less affordable than the price would indicate.

mike

The stat just shows that the spread isn't as much as what first appears, but it certainly is more expensive to by a Boxster (and likely all other cars) in Australia compared to the US. I know it's true of Canadian prices too. Our dollars are on par, but a base Boxster is still about $9,000 more here than south of the border.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Canadian taxes, perhaps? *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 6 April, 2012, at 8:17:55 am
Just checked and
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 6 April, 2012, at 6:01:12 pm
on the new 981, the Canadian price is only $7,000 more than US price for a base Boxter. So it appears that Porsche Canada has dropped the price of the Boxster some more to close the gap between Canadian and US pricing.

So a base Boxster (0 options) will run $56,500 + delivery + PDI + 13% sales tax
Re: Just checked and
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Friday, 6 April, 2012, at 7:04:01 pm
13% sales tax! Ouch! 6% here!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Or, in P.E.I, 15.5% sales tax
Roger987 - Friday, 6 April, 2012, at 7:53:51 pm
When I price a 2013 Boxster non-S, it's $80,430, equipped similarly to my 2005. Taxes would add another $12,500.

So, let's say I got $30k for mine (might be a bit optimistic), the new one would cost me $63,000 net, after taxes.

My current car PLUS $63,000.

Now THERE'S a splash of cold-water reality.
a boxster is USD 173k for a base model. go check out porsche.dk
those prices include the outrageous taxes on cars in denmark but still.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login