Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
convertible top>>>>HELP
getready - Sunday, 8 April, 2012, at 10:04:48 am
Code comes up as "convertable top contrl failure" , windows still come down after the latch is released but when the switch is engaged .......nothing happends???? Fuse is OK, so whats next? Is there a way of checking the moduale under the drivers seat and if so is there a detailed instrucion to take out the seat? Any help would be appreciated.
Usual causes
Boxsterra - Monday, 9 April, 2012, at 11:11:17 am
1) Parking brake is not detected as activated
2) There are two microswitches in the convertible top latch. Perhaps one (the one that is not responsible for the windows dipping) is malfunctioning - try toggling it a few times with your finger.

The module under the seat is the alarm module. Unless there is moisture under/behind your seat, this module is unlikely to be the cause of the problem.
The module is located in the fuse panel...
dghii - Monday, 9 April, 2012, at 3:34:46 pm
It looks like a double sized relay that has a white label. Might just try pulling it out and cleaning the pin and socket contacts and reseating. Bad microswitches seem to manifest themselves as the inability to move the to or get the light on the dash to go out. Not saying a bad switch won't throw a code, just haven't seen that before.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Re: convertible top>>>>HELP *NM*
getready - Monday, 9 April, 2012, at 8:22:08 pm
Re: convertible top>>>>HELP
getready - Monday, 9 April, 2012, at 8:28:17 pm
Thanks, I'll check that out. First thing though I need to replace the up down switch beside the hand brake..... its definetly toast. Maybe that is all thats wrong. Has anyone replaced it before, if so what's the best way to get it out?
Don't replace yet
dghii - Tuesday, 10 April, 2012, at 2:37:09 pm
That bad microswitch for the brake will not throw the message you saw. If you want to mess with that, look on Pedro's site for the "top in motion' mod, which bypasses the parking brake switch.
I bought a new top control module online last fall for about $110 from Suncoast. Modules can also be had on _bay but be careful of the part number as there was a change in either '99 or '00.

When I was shopping, the used ones were not really any cheaper than new.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login