Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Dyeing for a change
Alcantera - Sunday, 8 April, 2012, at 11:35:02 am
I have a small tear in my rear plastic window, I have looked at all my options and it seemed the best route is to let my local upholstery shop sew in a new rear plastic window. I just remembered that my buddy who is in the parts business has a nice 2003 top with a glass Window, unfortunately its blue. My question is can I dye the blue, black and have it look good or should I just stick to re and re the plastic.. I have had the car for sale recently and it seems that used boxsters are not that desirable. We love our car and have decided to keep it. Our y Daughter has informed us that come July there will be two more female Porches fans running around our house!! So I guess we will have to go buy a used school bus etc to transport the little ones. So guys you will have to put up with me for a while longer
Re: Dyeing for a change
dghii - Monday, 9 April, 2012, at 3:47:04 pm
I don't see why you couldn't do it..might be messy!

So blue won't work for you?

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Alcantera - Tuesday, 10 April, 2012, at 10:25:54 am
The blue top I remembered is an early top so no good for me. I found a local shop that does great Work and they will sew in a new Window for 500$. The owner said 150$ if I remove the top.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 11 April, 2012, at 4:49:09 am
Make sure that "removing" is understood. Is it remove the top from the car (trivial) or remove the top from the frame (tough)? What kind of machine does he have...there are ones with big jaws that can accept the top on the frame but removed from the car and there are ones that must have the top removed from the frame.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login