Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Friday Scan day and 47 days till BRBS
Dave In MD - Friday, 13 April, 2012, at 8:26:20 pm
Ok folks, it's spring; time for pictures from this year; BRBS is less than 2 months away; forecast for Sunday is 80 and sunny. Top down and long drive is on my agenda.

Got a call from the Switzerland Inn today and they upgraded our room reservation. Yea! Just need to get the car polished and ready for a vacation in the Mountains of North Carolina! Let's do this!

So far this year the car has mostly been used for DEs. So here's a shot from VIR the weekend of St. Patty's day.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Re: Friday Scan day and 47 days till BRBS
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 12:00:56 am
Yikes! Been out for two short drives and haven't taken a picture of the CURVEN8R yet. Guess when I had the time to drive, I just didn't want to stop driving. smiling smiley

Nice picture. I can see the permagrin right through your helmet. smiling smiley

Can't wait to get out for my first long drive, but I want to get the water pump replaced first and I can't fit it into my and my mechanic's schedule for a little over a week yet.

Congrats on the room upgrade. BRBS. Can't wait.

KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 7:11:13 am
With 162-people and 90-cars coming this year, it looks like a new record for attendance.

As this will be our first year attending, would someone please post a "What Should We Bring With Us List"?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 9:51:58 am
KevinR-MedinaOhio
With 162-people and 90-cars coming this year, it looks like a new record for attendance.

As this will be our first year attending, would someone please post a "What Should We Bring With Us List"?

Just bring summer clothing, but be prepared for some cool weather just in case, since we're in the mountains. Be sure to bring some rain gear. Last year (our 5th BRBS) was the first time we had no rain. I think it had something to do with the contents of our goody bag.

Bring a good appetite and be prepared for formal dinners (they really are delicious) and of course you'll want to sample the Boxster Beer at the Boxster Bar smileys with beer :

Most bring car cleaning materials to prepare for the shine and show before the fun run. The Switzerland Inn provides hoses for washing your car.

Most of all, if you keep an eye on the BRBS website, you'll see what the events will be and anything special you might need.

....oh be sure to be prepared for a major case of Permagrin. cool smiley
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 10:20:35 am
If you have one, bring a car cover. I didn't bring mine last year but will this year. The big oaks around the parking area would leave a nice coating of sap on the car each morning.

Other than what G-man listed, don't forget your camera - a lot of good looking cars and scenery to record.

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Jaay - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 1:57:01 pm
R rated tires if you plan on going on the loop with some of the crazies!
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 2:49:03 pm
Jaay
R rated tires if you plan on going on the loop with some of the crazies!

I think Kevin's still got the original tires on his car, so he should be all set. Donating some rubber to 226A is a small price to pay for the resulting Permagrin. smiling smiley
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 7:02:43 pm

I think Kevin's still got the original tires on his car, so he should be all set.

I probably do. However, am unclear as to when they need replaced. The fronts look a bit thin, but there are no bare spots in the tread.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 11:09:31 pm
KevinR-MedinaOhio

I probably do. However, am unclear as to when they need replaced. The fronts look a bit thin, but there are no bare spots in the tread.

You definitely don't want any bare spots in the tread. If they're getting close to the wear bars, get them replaced.

Usually, you use up the rears about twice as fast as the fronts. Check them or get them checked and replaced if necessary before heading on a road trip. You can replace just the fronts or the rears as long as they're the same make and model of tire, but you need to have the same tread depth on both tires on the same axle.
Jaay - Saturday, 14 April, 2012, at 6:37:40 pm
I think I pooped my pants going out on the loop with some of the fellas. I had to back off 3/4 of the way through. I am not as good as them (Pedro, Dave, Ed) <--------- Ruthless!!!! Speed limits observed of course, not say what speed we observed them at though smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login