Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Aftermarket headlights
Dwass - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 2:08:53 am
Has anyone purchased the, (I think) recently available, aftermarket headlights for the Boxster? I 've been searching all over the web and forums to see what opinions are, but I haven't seen any. They're all over ebay now and they range in price (despite all looking the same). The litronics just seem to continue to go up and up in price, its hard for me to justify. These might be an alternative option. However, to me, they look a little cheesy, a bit too much chrome for my eyes. If you had a silver car, it may not be an issue. I'd love to find some real pictures of them installed and perhaps some opinions. All the images on ebay are of the headlights alone or poor Photoshop renderings.

What do you guys think?

If you haven't seen 'em yet, search for "Boxster headlights" on ebay and several should pop up.

-Dwass
I haven't seen any side by side comparisons. So for now I say they haven't proven they provide what I buy lights for.
Re: How effective are they in lighting the road?
Roger987 - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 10:52:11 am
I installed the HID kit Pedro sells. I'm very pleased with it. Much superior low beam illumination than the stock halogen bulbs. Straight-forward clean installation; did it myself.

Here's the link:

[pedrosgarage.com]
Re: Aftermarket headlights
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 11:30:54 am
It depends on what you're trying to achieve.

1. Are you trying to change the look of your car?

2. Are you trying to get improved lighting?

If it's #2 you're after, I agree with Roger. Pedro's kit will give you improved lighting at a very reasonable cost

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Aftermarket headlights
atwnsw - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 3:34:09 pm
I too upgraded with Pedro's kit and my 2006 Boxster S and love it.

P.S. I also added the Daytime Running Lights (LED) and love them too....
Aftermarket headlights or DIY
Naples986 - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 4:28:08 pm
Dwass I looked into this last year when the internal plastic lens on my halogen headlights became too yellowed and burnt. Pedro's kit is a good alternative if yours are still clear. Since my headlights were burnt I decided to try retro fitting them with HID projectors which gets you the same results as the litronics for about $400 for the pair (some DIY required). I can find the before and after pics if your interested. I thought about getting the Ebay lights too but between the "Bling" factor and unknown quality, it was too much money to risk. Good luck and let us know what you do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login