Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Drove a 986 today with no electronic doodads...
CarreraLicious - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 5:06:50 pm
....no Active Camber, no PSM, no fancy Agaveolet Grey exotic colors or even a gun holder or IMS retrofit! Just a simple 11-year old, 5-speed manual plain silver colored Boxster..., and it was still darn fun! grinning smiley. Who says you gotta spend a lot of money on one of em fancy new models to have a ball? smiling smiley Parked to grab some pizza, and still had someone come up to me to tell me that I had a cool car. IMO, these lines are timeless. Thank goodness it's driving season here in the northeast again! Happy Boxstering all...even you guys with them fancy new ones. winking smiley

Agave Grey is what Agate Grey becomes after a couple of Sauza Tres Generaciones!
I love how simple the car is. There's nothing in the car to take your focus away from just driving it and enjoying the ride. Your 912 must be similarly fun to just throw around.
I've got an Agave... I mean Agate Grey Metallic 2013 on order, though, with UPS, ABC, CBS, CNN, and the FUBAR delete option.
Haha. Well, congrats to you! Sounds like an awesome new fancy Pcar you'll be having soon! Hope you enjoy it to the fullest! When is she arriving?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 06:40PM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: Hey, does a "real man" drive a "she" car?
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 7:52:58 pm
A week ago, I got back from two weeks in Florida. While there, I saw quite a few Porsches, including 2 turbos - both driven by young blonds, you know, the kind that Gary runs into at the beach all the time. grinning smiley So does that make the turbo a "chick car"?

Guess, I don't get the whole "chick car" thing, unless it's a pink Cadillac or Jeep.
Chick Car...
Dave In MD - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 8:40:53 pm
I've never seen a Boxster or Cayman in this color... smileys with beer

Taken at Summit Point raceway a few years ago.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Re: Chick Car...
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 15 April, 2012, at 9:02:00 pm
OK. I'll go along with that being a chick car. grinning smiley
Do you know what a Phillips Screwdriver is?
Laz - Monday, 16 April, 2012, at 9:27:41 am
Milk of magnesia and vodka.
Looks like doing Easter on acid. *NM*
Laz - Monday, 16 April, 2012, at 3:12:15 pm
Wow! You mean YOU got to drive the car? How can you get your teeth brushed, shaved, check your e-mail and text your messages if you ....gasp.... have to drive the car yourself? winking smiley

Just got mine out this week too. Sure feels great doesn't it. Every time I drive mine, I realize just how lucky we are to be able to drive cars like these. ....and of course you're right about the timeless design. 15 years down the road they'll still be modern looking cars.

Enjoy! smiling smiley
Thanks Guenter. You are absolutely right....it is a real pleasure to finally drive her in nice weather. With the winter wheels/tire set I had on, I did use it to drive to work a few times during the winter, but it just wasn't as fun as warm weather driving. The car was meant to have its top down. smiling smiley

Glad to see you are also enjoying the permagrin.
Ya know, after i got out of the 991....
grant - Monday, 16 April, 2012, at 12:08:04 pm
i decied that while it was objectvely far superior to my 986 (2.7, 5-sp, automatic nothing..), mine was more involving to drive. Better feel, lighter, etc.

No doubt slower as well.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Ya know, after i got out of the 991....
CarreraLicious - Monday, 16 April, 2012, at 5:41:10 pm
Agreed. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy having one of the newer models...I would. Just that I'm still pretty happy with my old car as it still gives me grins.
If i get a stupid itch, i'll....
grant - Monday, 16 April, 2012, at 8:15:09 pm
put in a 3.4; r-comps; M030; camber plates.
All for pretty much the tax on a new 991 (which was $140 as driven).
Ok, tax and a half.

A more realistic scenario is sparco seats; M030s; r-comps on my track wheels, and slightly more aggressive alignment, and call it a day.

Or, as i told the proud owner, keep my boxster comfy and drop-top, while buying a track car cayman S, and make it a beast.

but i LIKE driving my stocker up the butts of GT3s and RSs. I think i can, i think i can.....

grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I love my base-model 986. I dont think I will ever understand or enjoy anything that takes away from the "intimacy" of driving a 5-speed Porsche.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login