Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
...hmmmmm no app?
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 19 April, 2012, at 7:51:09 pm
Got a surprise package in the mail today.

Wonder what could be inside.

Why another box. Nice textured finish on this one. The tag line's got it right.

Looks like another door to open. I like the wheel in the picture.

Nicely textured hard cover book.

A couple of pages. Some photographer sure has good taste.

Definitely the nicest book/brochure (if you can call it that) I've ever received from Porsche Canada.
Guenter, I'm guessing they've been reading PB! smiling smiley *NM*
Dave In MD - Thursday, 19 April, 2012, at 9:44:30 pm
Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
I guess you never know. smiling smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 19 April, 2012, at 10:55:46 pm
Re: So when will your new car arrive? cool smiley *NM*
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 6:56:14 am
Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Good questions
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 9:09:22 am
I suppose I'd have to order one before I could have one arrive. winking smiley
Actually, you're all set. Roger and I...
Burg Boxster - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 10:02:31 am
had a skype call last week w/ Pfaff. Though it won't be here for the North American delivery launch in June, it is scheduled for ~ 7/15 arrival. We were surprised they accepted the order w/ a $50 deposit on a $79,265 sticker Boxster but consider it our gift to you and CURVEN8R II grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2012 10:03AM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
Gee Whiz Burg and Roger
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 10:56:30 am
I really appreciate it, but I just don't feel right about let you two put yourselves into financial jeapardy like that for me.

On the other hand, if you're picking up the $79, 215 balance, I wouldn't feel quite so bad. grinning smiley
let's just say that on July 15, there will be 79, 215 more reasons for you to bless the day you met Michelle. winking smiley
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2012 12:20PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Odd review - its too good? *NM*
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 3:04:22 pm
The author gives acceleration times that are likely for 0-62, not 60. (eg: manual transmission 5.1 seconds, etc.) Porsche's U.S. web site states 4.8, and commensurately lower times for PDK (4.7) and 4.5 for Sport+.
In speaking of grip, he says it goes on forever but once you get to the limit you never have a sense of how close you are. So, does it go on forever, or is it limited? Steady State or Big Bang? Infinite yet bounded?
The very next sentence speaks of predictability at (or past) the limit. Ok, not a total contradiction, but a confused exposition of thought.
On the positive side: it's another review stating the e-steering is better than the 911's.
With any luck, this reviewer is also "helping" North Korea or Iran build an A-bomb, so we might have little to worry about.
He mentions that last year's S model manual clocked 4.5 - considerably quicker than times posted by Porsche. I seem to recall that some magazine reported a 4.2 or 4.3 time (probably a PDK). Porsche's performance figures are typically pretty conservative - possibly to maintain the perceived difference between the Boxster S and the base 911. It is reasonable to expect that the times reported by magazines in the full tests will be quicker than advertised. Even now, the Porsche site shows 4.5 for 0 to 60 for a PDK Boxster S with PDK and sports chron while a comparable Carrera, a base 911 cab, is shown at 4.4 -a mere tenth of a second difference. In real world testing, it would not surprise to see no difference or even an slight advantage to the Boxster.
Oh dear, looks like
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 6:58:22 pm
Burg's and Roger's $50 just went pfffft! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login