Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Moving to San Antonio TX later this summer
MikelSr - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 3:53:02 pm
My wife and I will be moving to San Antonio TX later this summer. I will be bringing down both my Boxster and 914-6. The Boxster is used for fun and the 914 is used mostly for AXing but it is street legal and I do drive it (although I trailer it when racing). Are there many autocross events down there and are there places to run on a track?

So I am wondering how many people on this board are from the San Antonio area? Do people get together for drives, dinner, etc? We are looking for places to live and places not to live. We think we will be renting until we find the right place to buy. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Re: Moving to San Antonio TX later this summer
Michael(Houston) - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 6:11:00 pm
I dont live in SA, but in that area quite a lot (a weekend place in Fredericksburg).

Where to live depends on a whole lot of variable - mainly where the job is, and what do you want to spend on a house. However, without knowing this, if i were to move to SA it would be to the north/northwest area (I-10 outside loop 1604, or near 281/1604).

SA is very close to some of the best driving roads in the US - the Texas Hill Country (Fredericksburg/Kerrville/Bandera/Utopia/...). Make sure you come up to Boxstoberfest Sept 8-10 in Fredericksburg. We'll take care of you and show you some of the best roads. Boxstoberfest 2012

I'm out of Houston, so can't speak about the local club activities (longhorn region). Looking at their calendar, they do list a bunch of AXs. There is a really nice private track just North of town (Harris Hill Road)

MikelSr - Friday, 20 April, 2012, at 6:24:09 pm
Thanks Michael. I've contacted the president and membership chair of the pca region and looked at their website. I didn't know about the private track. Hopefully I'll get an invite to that one of these days. I don't think I'll be able to do Boxstoberfest 2012 this year, it is just to close to moving (but I'll try).

Again thanks,
Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login