Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
He's alive and...a rather pricey tax deduction
Paralizer - Wednesday, 25 April, 2012, at 12:37:13 am
Hi all I know it's been a while and I hope everyone is doing well. I have a interesting, read $$$, problem. I was leaning across from my driver's seat trying to grab the registration out of my glove box. I needed to look at how much I paid as part of my taxes. (turned out the info wasn't there) As I was trying to dig under the 2 manuels I somehow managed to put to much wieght on the lid of the glove box. Ya see where this is going don't ya. Yep, the lid broke. There is a piston like piece of plastic that extends down and joins with another piece on the underside of the lid. So I swing by the dealer and it turns out on the 987 you have to replace a huge assembly which includes the glove box and cup holders. The guys at the dealer were even stunned. It's a $2200 part and they haven't seen it broken before. So my only thought at this point is to maybe try and drill a small hole in the remnants of the bottom piece and use some wire to wrap around the cross piece at the bottom of the piston. Any other thoughts. A few pics of my expensive tax write off. http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj599/sfparalizer/405c1ee7.jpg]Glovebox 1[/url]
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj599/sfparalizer/7ba15241.jpg]Glovebox 2[/url]

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Re: He's alive and...a rather pricey tax deduction
CarreraLicious - Wednesday, 25 April, 2012, at 6:31:38 am
Dismantlers sell the whole unit on Ebay. Type in "Porsche Boxster Glove Box" in the search, and you'll see some in the $300 range. Not cheap, but an option if you can't rig up a workable DIY fix.
Perhaps the old one can be repaired
Boxsterra - Thursday, 26 April, 2012, at 1:42:58 pm
Pics aren't showing up. URLs are invalid.
There were some little broken parts in the slide-out cupholder, and I actually had it replaced. I think the bill was somewhere in the $500 range.

The really embarrassing part is that I traded that Boxster in for my new one about a month later, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 10:53PM by Leor ('09S, North of Boston). (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login