Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Sorry, I haven't been around lately. Although I no longer drive a Boxster, I still come back to this page to "visit" with old friends and ask questions.

I have a friend who just bought a 997 TT with tip. He loves the paddle shifters of the PDK equipped cars. Is it possible to retrofit a steering wheel with paddle shifters onto a 2007 car? If so, how much work is involved? Could a dealer do it?

Alex
I don't think the info in the link will work
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 30 April, 2012, at 1:04:58 pm
Alex is asking about a 997 equipped with a Tiptronic.

The discussion in the Planet 9 is for adding the paddle shifters to a PDK equipped car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2012 01:05PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
I'm not sure PDK is a requisite
Roger987 - Monday, 30 April, 2012, at 2:53:49 pm
From the quote below (taken from the link), it appears that 'Salmonella' installed paddle shifters in his 2008 Cayman S. (I think it was in 2009 that Porsche introduced PDK, though I could be mistaken.)

"why dont you consider the paddle steering wheel from suncoast? I've an 08 CS and ordered the paddle wheel from suncoast (speak to aaron) a little while back. I also purchased a control module for the wheel. Managed to get it all installed at my dealers 2 days ago. They spent a whole day configuring the new wheel, transferring data to the new control module but thankfully it was done."

In any event, Alex may be able to ascertain more about it, by emailing Salmonella directly. I've found members of Planet 9 to be very helpful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login