Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
CEL reset
Ollie - Friday, 27 April, 2012, at 2:56:19 pm
any know how many miles you need to drive after re-seting the CEL till ok for inspection?
It's not based on mileage....
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 27 April, 2012, at 5:00:54 pm
.. its based on "cycles".
The car needs to do at least three cycles w/o the CEL in order for inspection to pass.
It may take 4 or 5 startups with city and highway driving for the car to complete the cycles.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: It's not based on mileage....
Ollie - Friday, 27 April, 2012, at 5:19:43 pm
THANKS-
I put in a new O2 sensor and failed inspecton for not being ready... guy at the inspection shop told me I needed to put 150 miles on it, didn't sound right
types of driving covering maybe 30 miles is enough to have all the readiness monitors marked/flagged as complete. 150 miles is just crazy.

I have checked this monitored this with my Boxster a few times after having to clear an error code (which resets all the readiness monitors to incomplete) then having to take the car in for a smog test. In CA almost the 1st thing the smog tech does will be to check that all the readiness monitors are set to complete, though IIRC we are allowed up to 2 incomplete.

If you have any doubts check the readiness codes' status -- but do not clear any error codes, even if none are present! -- to be sure when all are set to complete. Be aware that upon engine shutdown then restart some of these will be set to incomplete. When I take my cars in for a smog test -- after driving long enough to the engine/exhaust nice and hot (and on a hot day too) -- I do not shut off the engine until after the test is complete.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login