Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
removing spoiler
Bobtesa - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 2:54:00 pm
I'm starting to do my spring cleaning, wash, wax, wheels off, lexol leather, etc Does anyone remove their spoiler for cleaning in that area? I've always thought about it, but never tried. It's an 08 and it looks like it is held in place with 4 torx nuts. It is that simple or am I going to regret trying to remove/replace it?

Thanks in advance, Bob

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Removing rear spoiler on 987 Boxster?
Cris - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 6:55:27 pm
lithium, it doesn't look to tough. I assume there is no reason to remove the top piece if I am going to replace the whole thing. Or, do I need to remove the top piece to be able to reach the nuts below? I guess I'll answer that myself when I give it a try.
Re: removing spoiler
jwdbox - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 7:12:12 pm
Bob why remove it? I have no problem cleaning SilverBox's (also an 08) by putting it up before I start washing her. You have full access to the area where it stores that way and need no tools. cool smiley
Bobtesa - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 7:25:46 pm
I can't get my hand down into the area below the spoiler to give a good cleaning down there, so I am going to remove it.
jwdbox - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 7:28:45 pm
How about using a soapy microcloth and your finger tips or a well wrapped platic tool?
Bobtesa - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 7:36:04 pm
I guess I should try that before doing way more than is needed.
jwdbox - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 7:53:12 pm
Bob I have never found very much of anything in there on SilverBox and she sees a substantial amount of 'tail up driving' cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login