Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
987 Wind Blocker
jwdbox - Tuesday, 1 May, 2012, at 8:20:00 pm
Does anybody know the part number for just the 'gasket/frame' that goes around the center wind blocker on a 987? or does anyone have just the frame in good condition for sale? Thanks cool smiley
Re: 987 Wind Blocker
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 1 May, 2012, at 11:22:29 pm
I can't help with the part number, Jeff. The one that you have pictured is for a 986. The one for the 987 goes straight across the top.

jwdbox - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 8:10:40 am
Thanks Gman cool smiley Good catch.
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 9:07:49 am
Did you check the Pelican Parts site? I was looking around the other day and found a site that showed parts schematics for everything on a Porsche, and listed them by parts numbers. I thought it was Pelican.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
jwdbox - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 9:20:09 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried Pelican but not found it listed. I will drop them an email.
That part ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 9:53:36 am
... the frame, is not sold separately.
Porsche only lists the whole assembly as part number 987 561 621 00 (wind deflector, center part)
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: That part ...
jwdbox - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 3:55:02 pm
Thanks Pedro, Pelican Parts just confirmed that as well.
saw one on ebay recently....
Cris - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 5:37:51 pm
i was browsing for boxster parts and accessories and thought someone had put one up for bid. G'luck.
Re: saw one on ebay recently....
jwdbox - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 5:41:11 pm
thanks. Have not seen that. There are complete units and central units and side units for sale though.cool smiley
Re: 987 Wind Blocker *Update*
jwdbox - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 10:38:10 pm
Decided SilverBox should have a complete new OEM wind deflector retrofitted so it has been ordered. Now I can have the same serenity at uber high speeds as the G man in CURVEN8R smiling bouncing smiley
Gman goes on about the symphony in flat 6, but when no one's listening, he has ABBA just CRANKIN'.

He might try to attribute it to Michelle, but don't believe it for a second. The man's an absolute Dancin' Queen. Well, not a queen, but u get my drift. grinning smiley
umm, so THAT explains what I thought was permagrin cool smiley
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 11:44:36 pm
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 11:35:50 pm
jwdbox
Decided SilverBox should have a complete new OEM wind deflector retrofitted so it has been ordered. Now I can have the same serenity at uber high speeds as the G man in CURVEN8R smiling bouncing smiley

Who me? Über high speeds? I always take it easy.
jwdbox - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 11:42:20 pm
Guenter in Ontario

Who me? Über high speeds? I always take it easy.
Riiiight winking smileywinking smiley Now with the wind deflector I should be able to keep my eyes from tearing and I will be able to shift to the next gear as I attempt to keep up with you.cool smiley
confused smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 11:52:10 pm
jwdbox
Riiiight winking smileywinking smiley Now with the wind deflector I should be able to keep my eyes from tearing and I will be able to shift to the next gear as I attempt to keep up with you.cool smiley

hmmmmmm winking smiley grinning smiley

Re: confused smiley
jwdbox - Thursday, 3 May, 2012, at 12:08:54 am
I remember that, it was our first attempt at non-stop refueling on a desert run...hot smiley
Re: confused smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 3 May, 2012, at 7:59:35 am
jwdbox
I remember that, it was our first attempt at non-stop refueling on a desert run...hot smiley

Yes. And as I recall, it went off without a hitch. winking smiley cool smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Thursday, 3 May, 2012, at 7:26:46 pm

I remember that, it was our first attempt at non-stop refueling on a desert run...
Reply Quote Report Go Back

Since that looks like a dry bulk hauler in front of you, am wondering what your mileage was powered by corn you got from it? cool smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
jwdbox - Thursday, 3 May, 2012, at 7:38:54 pm
Oh no way, that was a stealth tanker. This is Nevada ya know grinning smiley
I would ask a salvage yard
Boxsterra - Thursday, 3 May, 2012, at 12:37:01 pm
There is just no reason to pay full price for an item like that.
Re: I would ask a salvage yard
jwdbox - Thursday, 3 May, 2012, at 1:29:07 pm
thanks for the suggestion. I have already ordered a new one (discounted) since I wanted one without scratches, need to have the attachment hardware, etc. since this a retrofit on SilverBox. cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login