Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
JIC-Magic / CROSS exhaust install
Griff 03s - Friday, 4 May, 2012, at 7:03:37 pm
Time for an exhaust change so I went with the JIC-Magic / CROSS exhaust. Just to clear the air, I have no affiliation with Cross or their exhausts. Took about an hour start to finish and was the easiest exhaust installation I have done. I purchased the exhaust off that auction site, and it wasn't cheap, but I liked how the pipes looked and there length. I really didn't know how they would sound but I was willing to take the chance. They arrived quickly and very well packed. The exhaust bolted right up like no other everything matched up perfectly no tugging, pulling, or bending. Started it up and the sound is amazing somewhat calm idle but as soon as you get into it sounds very aggressive. As far as resonance I haven't driven it with the top up but seems to be very little, and I know resonance having installed a GHL. I always figured the length of the pipes had a lot to do with resonance and these seem to have the most pipe length of any boxster exhaust and that sold me on them. I'll post a couple pics and I'll try to get a sound clip...

Re: JIC-Magic / CROSS exhaust install
jwdbox - Friday, 4 May, 2012, at 7:23:53 pm
Nice looking install. Do you notice any seat-of-the-pants power gain? Though I am curious, I went to their site and did a search under Boxster and it indicated they have no product that fits?? cool smiley
Griff 03s - Friday, 4 May, 2012, at 7:30:02 pm
Seat of the pants seems way better, but who knows. There is still one on the bay, I'm the one that bought the other.
Now you need to ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 4 May, 2012, at 11:59:34 pm
... talk to me smiling smiley
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
TPIUWASC!!!
frogster - Friday, 4 May, 2012, at 11:12:25 pm
this post is useless without a sound clip!!! hot smiley

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Griff 03s - Saturday, 5 May, 2012, at 2:01:01 pm
Here's a video and a pic with the blue polished off....

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exUmPl6cJiM&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

frogster - Saturday, 5 May, 2012, at 2:06:37 pm
that sounds great! nice little burble on idle, not obnoxiously loud but just enough raspy-ness. plus it looks great. sounds like you got a fantastic setup there.

thanks for posting the video!! this is how i get my thrills now, vicariously, since i've been boxsterless for two years now sad smiley

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Looks and sounds great...
newt - Saturday, 5 May, 2012, at 2:11:48 pm
can you report back after driving for a while? I am especially interested in knowing if you experience any resonance or any obnoxious noise. This system you installed seems to be a great option, now get Pedro to send you the 3.8L intake system and remap the ECU for you ....sweet!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login