Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
2003 Boxter S question - CD Player / mp3?
mcomet_CA - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 12:04:09 am
Hi,

I am a new Boxter owner...actually still waiting for car to be shipped... Anyhow I have a Q in the meantime I couldn't find the answer to online. The 2003 Boxter S I am getting has the standard CD player with 4 disc changer. My Q is, does this cd player only play true audio CD's or can it handle CD's with mp3 files on them?

Thanks,
Michael
You can get the...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 9:07:58 am
... CDR 23 Manual here: [www.beckerautosound.com]

On page 14 it says:

Note:
The system may not be able to play copy-protected CDs or CDs with CD-ROM sections which do not correspond to the audio CD standard.

I don't think this excludes mp3 files.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: You can get the...
mcomet_CA - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 11:28:45 am
I did some more searching ...look like late models 2005 and after can..but not earlier... So no mp3 support in the 2003. Guess it would take a cd changer or radio replacement... :/
Re: 2003 Boxter S question - CD Player / mp3?
mcomet_CA - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 10:06:51 am
Thanks for the link... interesting... CD Standard would normally mean standard CD format not mp3...but I guess will be worth a try when I get it...

BTW does anyone have a link to the actual car manual for a 2003 boxter s? I haven't been able to find it and would love to look it over before I fly down to pick up or ship my car...

thanks!
comet
mcomet_CA - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 10:44:36 am
Ah nevermind i found manuals... just took a while for searching... at least i think it is close in year to one i need.
thanks, comet
whall - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 1:23:28 pm
Here's a link to RennTech.org....another good source of information:

[www.renntech.org]

A hard copy of an Owner's Manual can be purchased from Porsche for about $25-30. The information in an Owner's Manual will save a number of questions that usually elicits a response of RTFM!

Here's information concerning the Owner's Manual:

[www.renntech.org]

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2012 01:47PM by whall. (view changes)
mcomet_CA - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 4:59:35 pm
Thanks for the link... Yeah the car has a manual booklet etc just wanted to have a digital version before it gets here. Thanks!
Dave In MD - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 3:09:48 pm
I have a 2003 with the factory CD changer. MP3s written to a CD as a data file will definitely not play on the CDR 23. If you have a CD writing program that will write them as an "audio" CD, those will work.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
mcomet_CA - Sunday, 6 May, 2012, at 5:01:04 pm
Yeah I figured... What are people's thoughts on new radios? Porsche brand only? After market ok? I would likely do a dealer or Porsche mechanic install... It would be nice to have an iPod connector...
Petee_C - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 12:51:00 am
I have a '01 Boxster S, and I play my iphone over it through a headphone adapter.... I think I got it on ebay....

good enough for me.

P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login