Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
First real Fun Run of the season
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 8:35:24 am
This weekend, we had the gathering of the BALE (Boxsters Around Lake Erie) group of rag tag Porsche owners and friends. We had cars from Ontario and PA represented.

Gathering the group for the run on Saturday morning.

After a short first drive, we arrived at our first stop. Chocolate FX where they say they will cover anything in chocolate. Here we had a group tour of the chocolate making process. Then one of the owners came out, all enthusiastic about seeing the group of Porsches in the parking lot. (It's safe to say he was a Porsche enthusiast) He proudly told us that he has sister living just south of Stuttgart. He told us he just happened to have his camera and if it would be OK to take a picture with us in the parking lot.

We then continued on to our next stop, the old Winery Restaurant with their delicious offerings of Italian dishes and wood fired pizza.

Then it was on to a scenic tour of some of the less straight roads in the Niagara area which ended with a visit at the Konzelmann Estate winery where one of the owners happened to own a 996. He had just been on his way out when he saw us arrive, turned around to talk with us, offered us some samples of their wines and then gave us a guided tour of the wine making process. This really was a Porsche weekend. smiling smiley

Later on, we ended up in the Skylon revolving restaurant for dinner with that awesome view of the Falls.

American Falls

Horseshow Falls

The Rainbow Bridge with Lake Ontario visible on the horizon at the top left.

Sunday morning, those who survived Saturday's tour and festivities, headed into Niagara-on-the-Lake.

The leaves breaking out early with the warmer weather.

After stopping in for a bit of lunch, the group felt we should visit one more winery.

Which brought us to the end of our weekend before everyone headed back home.

I'm jealous! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 9:36:44 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: "I'm jealous!" Me Too!
frogster - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 1:08:30 pm
nice to see you guys getting together like that. thanks for sharing.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Awesome BRBS warm-up adventure, Gman
Roger987 - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 10:59:18 am
Looks as though you all had a terrific time. Wonderful that the Porsche global fellowship is alive and well !

It's the cars AND the people!
Re: Awesome BRBS warm-up adventure, Gman
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 12:33:44 pm
Roger987
Looks as though you all had a terrific time. Wonderful that the Porsche global fellowship is alive and well !

It's the cars AND the people!

You've got that right Roger. WOW, it feels so good to have the CURVEN8R out on the roads again. I know I've said it before, but we really are fortunate to be able to drive these cars.

Life is good. cool smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
thumbs upRe: First real Fun Run of the season
jwdbox - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 5:16:18 pm
Great shots Guenter! Like the nose and tail shots along with all of the gorgeous colors. Looks like all had a great time- and why not! Chocolate, wine and flat six symphonies cool smiley
Re: First real Fun Run of the season
Naples986 - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 5:39:52 pm
Nice pictures G-Man. Some familiar cars and faces in those pics. Looking forward to my extended BRBS road trip this year. See you soon smileys with beer
Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
goldened - Monday, 7 May, 2012, at 10:31:20 pm
Very Nice!
Burg Boxster - Wednesday, 9 May, 2012, at 12:35:19 pm
Great pix G-Man and awesome job organizing a fantastic weekend with all the VIP treatments (except of course the extra 'welcoming' we received at your border eye popping smiley )

You and Mrs. G are superb hosts as always and great job ensuring we had a quorum of Marys, Mikes and Lynns smileys with beer

If anyone ever plans to outshine the CURVEN8R... you'll have to get up BEFORE the butt-crack of dawn grinning smiley (look at how long the SUV's shadow is!!!)

Thanks again and see ya in a few weeks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login