Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Well, it's not quite a new car, but
Roger987 - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 11:27:23 am
It's sure going to feel like one. winking smiley

Currently in Fed Ex's hands - will arrive in PA in a day or so, where it will await my arrival on Tuesday. I'll install it when I get there.

(If only Gman were in the 'hood - he could swing by the hotel parking lot and wash my car at sunrise, while I'm inside doing the swap. grinning smiley )

Looks good Roger
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 1:01:07 pm
I'm afraid I can't make it to PA this Tuesday.

I think you have the Xenons - if so, just use your headlight washer. You'll be suprised how much of the car they will "wash". grinning smiley
I don't get it
Boxsterra - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 2:05:18 pm
Why is the left turn button on the right side of the wheel?
Laz
n/t

Finally after driving SilverBox all these years I now know what that button is for...
I always thought it was to undo the last change...smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 10:21PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
Laz is only partly correct
Roger987 - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 10:33:02 pm
Although it's not well known, the button has a second, more 'exciting', use...

When you're within 6 cars lengths of a vehicle that's been 'parked' in the left (overtaking) lane for more than a mile, AND if your car is equipped with sport chrono plus, you can, by pressing that button, together with a secret sequence associated with sport chrono plus, cause the offending vehicle to turn immediately onto the left shoulder of the road, or onto the grassy boulevard, where one exists.

There's a catch. The button can be used for this purpose a maximum of only 3 times, whereupon the car's computer turns off this function permanently. Because we're never sure that any particular offender is truly worthy of burning up one of only three such uses, the button is rarely engaged for this purpose. (Think of Seinfeld's Elaine and "sponge-worthy".)

Currently, the use of this button is not computer-monitored by Big Brother. That will change. Get 'em while they're hot. grinning smiley
Re: Laz is only partly correct
jwdbox - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 11:37:12 pm
Need to check that out. Living close to a state (that shall remain unnamed, but whose initials can be mistaken for a country where Gman ives) where the norm is staying in the left lane, there is more than ample opportunites to use the it for that purpose. But on which three...
Re: Laz is only partly correct
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 11:53:34 pm
jwdbox
Need to check that out. Living close to a state (that shall remain unnamed, but whose initials can be mistaken for a country where Gman ives) where the norm is staying in the left lane, there is more than ample opportunites to use the it for that purpose. But on which three...

Alas, the province, (which shall remain unnamed - rhymes with the name of a speedway in Ontario, CA) in which I live, has its share of LLH's (left hand hogs). Why, if I had that button of Roger's, I'd have used up my 3 precious times within 15 minutes of picking up the CURVEN8R.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
I thought it was far more simple
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 11:41:27 pm
Hit the button and the car goes back home the way it came, freeing you up to text, eat, brush your teeth and check your e-mail.
Re: Well, it's not quite a new car, but
richard986pei - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 3:03:16 pm
looks sharp Roger, finally thick enough to get a perfect grip when racing through round abouts!
Very nice Roger I'd like one too *NM*
DougW - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 4:18:52 pm
Thanks Doug
Roger987 - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 7:42:05 pm
It's my factory Porsche wheel, which I had recovered by these folks.

[www.dallassteeringwheel.com]

I've always minded the how thin the stock steering wheel is. The grip diameter is now 4.5 inches, as contrasted with its original 3 7/8". I had them add just a tad more room for my thumbs, on top of the centre spokes. The stitching is dark grey, to match the stitching on my seats, door panels and console.

The thumb rests and seams mirror those of the 981's sport wheel (below). I chose not to go with the strip on top, as if it weren't perfectly centered, I'd likely find it annoying.

This wheel below appears to be a popular choice:

Roger987

The thumb rests and seams mirror those of the 981's sport wheel (below). I chose not to go with the strip on top, as if it weren't perfectly centered, I'd likely find it annoying.

winking smiley

IF I were buying, that would be my choice of wheel.

I'm sure you'll like the feel of your new wheel. I like the thumb rests in mine. They just "feel right".
Well, Gman, you're close
Roger987 - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 8:25:16 pm
I think what I'm trying to do in this case is continue to 'improve' my 987 with relatively small incremental expenditures, so as to avoid making the VERY pricey improvement to which you're alluding. winking smiley

And maybe I'm trying to mask the pain of missing BRBS this year. sad smiley

I've always like the sports steering wheel. When I replaced my original wheel, I wanted to get the sports wheel (like yours) with multi-function. But the sports wheel requires a different (read $$$$$) airbag from that of my triangular wheel. And multi-function isn't available on the sports wheel.

I think your wheel (below) has the same thumb rests as the 981's sport wheel. The spokes on the latter are really handsome.

While I've really appreciated the multifunction, I still minded the thin grip. Even though the Wheelskins cover I painstakingly sewed on (using a baseball stitch) was an improvement, once I saw the wheels Dallas produces, I knew it was just a matter of time. And what better time than at the outset of a 4 week roadtrip. smiling smiley

Oh, one last thing, Gman... . Time to replace your 'if' with "when". winking smiley
"small incremental expenditures"
Boxsterra - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 1:38:01 pm
Sounds like someone is trying fly under the wife's radar.
Re: Well, it's not quite a new car, but
Burg Boxster - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 9:33:21 pm
Race ya there winking smiley

Looks great! Too bad MF is not available w/ sport wheel.

Nice info - thanks for sharing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login